8-10 Million iPads sold in 2010

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, Mar 29, 2010.

By iDan on Mar 29, 2010 at 1:36 PM
  1. iDan

Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Thanks Received:

Fortune is out with a new report that indicates suppliers have revised their sales forecast for Apple's iPad due to the increasing demand. According to Morgan Stanley's Katy Huberty the iPad will have an impact on the sub $800 notebook market which account for 120 million units sold annually. Along with this news, Apple's stock hits a new high today of $233.87 per share.

• iPad suppliers now forecast shipments of 8-10 million iPads in calendar 2010, up from their previous estimate of 5+ million.
    • Suppliers now expect to ship 2.5 million in the first three months alone (March to May), considerably ahead of Huberty's estimate of 750,000 by the end of June.
    • Shipments are not sales, however, and Huberty is sticking with her sales estimate of 6+ million iPads in 2010. The Street's consensus, she says, is closer to 3-4 million.
    • Each incremental one million iPads shipped, by her calculation, equates to earnings increases of roughly $0.25 EPS.

[Source: Fortune]
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, Mar 29, 2010.

1. DavidNM
      I believe it. When these hit the streets next week - and if Apple has built the iPad to their normal high quality level - as people start using them, passing them around - they're going to sell millions.
    2. Finnedog
      Glad I'm not making or selling netbooks!!!
    3. brobar
      That projection seems a little high to me. I'd venture anywhere from 4-5 million. 8-10 seems a little generous but who knows... it very well could!
    4. iDan
      If Apple has a strong holiday season, I think these targets could be met. Apple also has room to drop the price, so if sales aren't up to par.. I think we might see a price drop in August/September to get the back to school sales.
    5. iDaryl
      High quality??? Of course!!

I'm counting on 'high quality'!! Being a software developer by trade, I very seldom purchase version 1.00 of anything!! :)

Apple is the only company (software or hardware) that gets that honor from me!!

6. EARL97850
      All this info just is kinda bad news for me....I'm one of the ones that didn't pre-order and it's up in the air as to when I'll be able to even get one unless they come up with a substantial back order.

This sucks!!!

7. col.bris
      netbook sales and entry level laptop affected

Not only net books the ipad will have an impact on the PC entry level laptops that the mum and dads buy for them selves and their kids for school and home as 90% just want to browse the net, email, facebook look at pictures, listen to music etc all of which the ipad can do much better.

Colin Down under
    8. DanaNgidhu
      I am sorry that you did not pre-order. I pitty the people that will stand in line at Best Buy.

9. Finnedog
      Well if mine doesn't come in before next week I will be there to at least get a look at what I bought.:)