What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.1?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There has to be someone and today its me!

Updated this morning (should have waited) did all the things you are supposed to do BUT after the download and when it rebooted itself and the screen just has an apple logo on it - - - - - it is still like that an hour later (Plugged in) !!!! So I thought give it a manual reboot (Both Buttons - keep them pressed until Apple logo appears and it is still like that 2 hours later. Help?
Put it into recovery mode and restore it: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry Joanna but I followed your link and the first thing it asks me to do is turn it off!!!!!! I have a the black screen with the apple logo in the middle and none of the buttons work - how do I turn it off?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can't turn it off, then follow the rest of the instructions (plug in the cable to the computer, but not the iPad; hold Home button and plug in cable...)

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tried Safari today, after going back to Chrome. Working much faster than before the last update. Low and behold my curser problem went away on this forum! Still a problem with Chrome. Looks like I'm back to Safari.

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thx Johanna, but spoke to Apple and they said something about different update software!!!!!

Anyway long and short, is its sorted now. Don't ask me how but I did have to connect to iTunes.

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Touchpad keyboard works a whole bunch better on this update. Before it was very unstable. Finally may get my numerals on the same board as the alphas!

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ref my above, everything appears to be working but when open the iPad it says underneath the 'Slide to Unlock' in very small white writing 'Restoring from iCloud backup'. When I check the iCloud under 'Share my Location' in grey writing 'You cannot delete your iCloud account because your iPad is being restored' now I've never tried to delete my iCloud acc but in the fixing Apple told me to restore and then restore from an iCloud backup - as I say apart from those msgs everything appear to be right!

Any ideas?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe this will help:

Make sure everything is on your iPad. Then go to Settings - iCloud - Backup, and select "Stop restoring".

Someone just had to open the iWorks apps to stop "Restoring from iCloud backup".

Another option would be to connect it to iTunes once more and restore it.

Addition: there were problems with iCloud Drive and iCloud Photos recently. Maybe this also had an influence on the issue you experience. There shouldn't be any issue now, so if you still see the "Restoring ..." message, try one of the things suggested.

Last edited:

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did that Johanna I'm pretty sure I lost some photos but they are still on the iMac Thx again, surprisingly the backup I did straight after took 35 mins for 2.1Gb

Most reactions

Latest posts