What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.1?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I updated to 8.1 this afternoon and have had no problems so far. It's a little bit faster on my iPad3 than 8.02 was. Few of the big new features are available to me because my iPad is wifi-only, I have no iPhone, and my iMac is still on 10.9.5, but there are some nice small touches.

Editing text in this forum is still clumsy due to apparent bugs in the forum software, but everywhere else is fine.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's your decision.

If you're not certain about what to do, wait for a few days and read the threads in iPF about the new software, then decide whether or not to update, or when and how to do it.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just updated via my pc, iTunes. A lot of the previous issues have gone . Still a bit after I have uploaded stuff to my pc, I will do a rest and see. Will keep you all posted.
Mike

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That was meant to say still a bit laggy, sorry for the error. I had my keyboard in French mode and it input Lange-sur somewhere or other instead of laggy

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I updated to 8.1 this afternoon and have had no problems so far. It's a little bit faster on my iPad3 than 8.02 was. Few of the big new features are available to me because my iPad is wifi-only, I have no iPhone, and my iMac is still on 10.9.5, but there are some nice small touches.

Editing text in this forum is still clumsy due to apparent bugs in the forum software, but everywhere else is fine.
Thanks for confirming text in this forum is buggy but no where else. Drives me up the wall! Think that some thought I was crazy. LOL

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still playing around but up to now, no complaints. A definite improvement! Fingers crossed the trend will continue.
Best of luck everyone

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have 8.1 on my iPad Air and iPhone 5s. So far so good. I did need to reboot the iPad to get Safari working. Oh, and I love how text messages are now forwarded to and from the iPad! Nice feature for a couch potato like me!

M

moparherb

If you had started using the "Health App" on your iPhone under IOS 8 to monitor your blood glucose numbers then upgraded to IOS 8.1 those numbers are "temporarily gone". In fact you can no longer enter any blood glucose numbers. Supposedly this will be corrected in a future update. It has to do with the two different methods of expressing blood glucose numbers. As a diabetic I thought that this might be a good way to keep my numbers but turns out like other IOS 8 features, not quite thought out before introducing.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thought I would give an update re. my experience with 8.1 and all good so far. I have not met with any issues so and now don't expect to. As far as I am concerned a successful update. Hope everyone else is as lucky as I have been.

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Went to pay bills. Found a couple of biller sites are not playing well with iOS8. Had to finish up on the laptop.

OP
I

ic.whatiwnna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to tap the screen hard sometimes in safari to make it work.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My experience has been good with Ipad Air, 2/5S still have to upgrade my husband's Three. Still don't have native Air Print but from what I read on Apple Support Forum, it appears to be up to mfg to issue software to work with 8. Suspect my printer is too old for HP to care--but I can print with Wireless Direct,

IOS 8.1 appears to have solved repeated hard resets--often several a day. Extensions are working, cut and paste is good, other IOS 8 new things.

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There has to be someone and today its me!

Updated this morning (should have waited) did all the things you are supposed to do BUT after the download and when it rebooted itself and the screen just has an apple logo on it - - - - - it is still like that an hour later (Plugged in) !!!! So I thought give it a manual reboot (Both Buttons - keep them pressed until Apple logo appears and it is still like that 2 hours later. Help?

Most reactions

Latest posts