8.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ic.whatiwnna, Oct 20, 2014.

1. ic.whatiwnna

ic.whatiwnna
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    should I update or just wait?

2. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I updated to 8.1 this afternoon and have had no problems so far. It's a little bit faster on my iPad3 than 8.02 was. Few of the big new features are available to me because my iPad is wifi-only, I have no iPhone, and my iMac is still on 10.9.5, but there are some nice small touches.

Editing text in this forum is still clumsy due to apparent bugs in the forum software, but everywhere else is fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's your decision.

If you're not certain about what to do, wait for a few days and read the threads in iPF about the new software, then decide whether or not to update, or when and how to do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Just updated via my pc, iTunes. A lot of the previous issues have gone . Still a bit after I have uploaded stuff to my pc, I will do a rest and see. Will keep you all posted.
    Mike

5. Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    That was meant to say still a bit laggy, sorry for the error. I had my keyboard in French mode and it input Lange-sur somewhere or other instead of laggy

6. Ibill

Ibill
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for confirming text in this forum is buggy but no where else. Drives me up the wall! Think that some thought I was crazy. LOL

7. Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Still playing around but up to now, no complaints. A definite improvement! Fingers crossed the trend will continue.
    Best of luck everyone

8. markbnh1

markbnh1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have 8.1 on my iPad Air and iPhone 5s. So far so good. I did need to reboot the iPad to get Safari working. Oh, and I love how text messages are now forwarded to and from the iPad! Nice feature for a couch potato like me!

9. moparherb

moparherb
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If you had started using the "Health App" on your iPhone under IOS 8 to monitor your blood glucose numbers then upgraded to IOS 8.1 those numbers are "temporarily gone". In fact you can no longer enter any blood glucose numbers. Supposedly this will be corrected in a future update. It has to do with the two different methods of expressing blood glucose numbers. As a diabetic I thought that this might be a good way to keep my numbers but turns out like other IOS 8 features, not quite thought out before introducing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Thought I would give an update re. my experience with 8.1 and all good so far. I have not met with any issues so and now don't expect to. As far as I am concerned a successful update. Hope everyone else is as lucky as I have been.