What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 out of 10 tablet shoppers plan to buy Apple's iPad, survey reveals

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
screen-shot-2013-12-12-at-6-50-33-am.png

According to consumer research agency Changewave, which surveyed around 2,500 prospective tablet buyers in November, 7 out of 10 consumers are looking to buy an iPad tablet in the near future.

The survey showed that 13 percent plan to buy a tablet within the next three months, which is double than the registered level 90 days ago. But the most interesting finding of the survey is that 72 percent said they plan on acquiring an iPad. This represents a 17-point jump since the August survey. The introduction of Apple's new iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display, as well as various other holiday sales incentives are the main reasons for the increase.

Among those who plan on buying an iPad, more than half (55%) said they would buy the iPad Air and 16% said they would choose the iPad mini with Retina display. As for the competition, there isn’t at least one device that had touched double digits in this survey. But we need to take into account that the surveyed persons are generaly early adopters. Philip Elmer-Dewitt with Fortune says the following:

ChangeWave's 25,000 members tend to be early adopter types, richer and more tech savvy than the general public. But their survey responses have proved in the past to be pretty good forward indicators of where the U.S. market is headed.

Samsung's Galaxy lineup had dropped from 13 percent to 9 percent, Google's nexus from 12 percent to 9 percent, and Amazon's Kindle Fire from 6 percent to 5 percent. What’s curious to observe is that desire for Microsoft's Surface tablets has slightly increased, from 7 percent to 8 percent.

Source: Fortune

TheTabletAddict

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thetabletaddict.com
I'm actually surprised Samsung Galaxy count isn't higher. They are usually Apple's biggest competitor, but in this chart it doesn't seem Apple has any competition. In a class all by itself.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Other than the Nexus 7, the only tablet considered here that piques my interest is the Surface line. I saw a guy on Youtube showing off his Surface 2 and I have to admit was impressed.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see how other tabkets can be a real threat to the iPad except for the Nokia Lumia 2520. That is a tablet that may turn the tides for apple.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see how other tabkets can be a real threat to the iPad except for the Nokia Lumia 2520. That is a tablet that may turn the tides for apple.

Interestingly, it's the Eco system and apps that really make the experience better on apple devices IMO. I like how it al works together and I don't have to worry about some of the trivial nonsense that other tablets bring to the table. Are iPads perfect? Not at all, but they have the best overall system.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interestingly, it's the Eco system and apps that really make the experience better on apple devices IMO. I like how it al works together and I don't have to worry about some of the trivial nonsense that other tablets bring to the table. Are iPads perfect? Not at all, but they have the best overall system.

The thing really make windows tablets stand out is the ability to play pc games. For me a lot the mobile versions of those pc games just sucks.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Running RT on windows tablets is restrictive as only apps in Microsoft store can be down loaded. I work in retail and what is happening is xbox, Nintendo, Sony Playstation are just not selling this XMAS . Mainstream buyers ie families are buying iPads not one but enough to cover there family as they can share apps including games plus not pay the high price of the other games on the above platforms. There is a market still there for true gaming consoles so don't get me wrong but it has is much much smaller than last year. We are seeing a shake up in the gaming industry so only time will tell. For the recorded we are a major electrical retailer in Australia similar to Best Buy but much smaller only 100 stores.

The line up of tablets selling
iPads Air and mini then ipad2. (iPads all models ( 10 to 1 )
Samsung Galaxy both sizes
Asus tablets
Misc tablets under 250 follow but slow sellers

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Running RT on windows tablets is restrictive as only apps in Microsoft store can be down loaded. I work in retail and what is happening is xbox, Nintendo, Sony Playstation are just not selling this XMAS . Mainstream buyers ie families are buying iPads not one but enough to cover there family as they can share apps including games plus not pay the high price of the other games on the above platforms. There is a market still there for true gaming consoles so don't get me wrong but it has is much much smaller than last year. We are seeing a shake up in the gaming industry so only time will tell. For the recorded we are a major electrical retailer in Australia similar to Best Buy but much smaller only 100 stores. The line up of tablets selling iPads Air and mini then ipad2. (iPads all models ( 10 to 1 ) Samsung Galaxy both sizes Asus tablets Misc tablets under 250 follow but slow sellers

The cost of the games is a huge issue with the full size consoles, that's for sure. I do quite a bit of gaming on my iPad and love the cost of the games! So much variety too. Of course, playing a game on on my giant flat panel is more immersive than the iPad and so is the sound. And, there are still some awesome PC and console games that just aren't going be available on the iPad. But other than that, my iPad is my main gaming device.

I'm not surprised that the new consoles aren't selling. The lack of legacy game support is LAME and it's another device to support and tend to. I'm staying with my PS3 and have no interest in the new consoles.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I doubt that. The Nokia is a RT device meaning it's going to be restrictive much like other RT devices.

Zugzwang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
I have been an android fan. When looking for a tablet for myself recently, I really was inclined to buy an android.

Then I went to best buy, and tried them all. None of the Android tablets, the Sony xperia, the Samsung galaxy, come close in terms of quality.
Now I'm very new to ios, so not surprisingly, this far I prefer android. But there is no question, for tablets, iPad is the best. I just opened the box my new iPad air 64 g wife yesterday, and I LOVE IT!

I've had kindles, nooks, and a nexus 7. This is far superior.

My next phone will probably be an iPhone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Most reactions