What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7-Inch iPad Said to Be Coming in August, Followed by 10-Inch One in September

G

Grytpype

The 7 inch iPad has been a constantly recurring rumor. The smaller tabs coming from competitors make it more likely, but it's still a long shot.

If it does come, you can be sure it will NOT have flash, and there won't be a 128 GB option either. Storage memory is expensive, and Apple are pushing iCloud hard, trying to lock people into using that. They're not about to go against that policy by offering more onboard storage capacity.

valinrace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really hope they release the 10" as soon as possible. I really like to have a 10" iPad

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
valinrace said:
I really hope they release the 10" as soon as possible. I really like to have a 10" iPad

If you really want a 10" iPad,all current and former iPad models have 10" screens.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry,that should have said,all current and former iPad models have 9.75" screens.The difference is negligible in a practical sense.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MichaelBluth said:
They might do it eventually. Tim Cook is ultimately going to make his own decisions.

You might want to consider the cost of marketing a wide variety of models ... more packaging, more inventory variations. slight differences are used by competitors, but offer little in actual usefulness. The mini is a gimmick. It has been successful for Amazon, but its tru purpose is the order stuff from Amazon. It in no way competes with the scope of the current iPad models. IPad1 is going obsolete in the sense of being ugradable to iOS6 ... not enough performance, not enough ram, and good enough graphics. It is fine for wht it does, People who have them should learn to be satisfied with what the do.

Apple is in the buiness of making profit, not makret share. Several companies have been destroyed cutting price to compete ... look at RIM, look at Nokia, Look at all the competitors ti iPad. Think in terms of economy of scale, not a slightly larger screen or a smaller screen. FWIW

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd go for a larger iPad.. Say 11 or 12 inches. I just like a big screen and I'd be willing to lose a bit in portability.

There are rumors that the iPhone 5 will have a larger model to compete with the popular Samsung Galaxy's 4.5 inch display.. If I had to go smaller, I'd get a large screen phone and have the best of both worlds.

Most reactions

Latest posts