What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7-inch iPad 2 Coming in Time for Christmas?

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot imagine a reason why I'd care. Between a 4.3" Android phone and 9.7" iPad where would a 7" device even fit in. It is neither small enough for a pocket or big enough for real page rendering.

--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first heard about the 7 inch iPad, I thought, why?

9.7 inch seems about perfect. 7 is too small, and 12 is too big. And the 5 inch streak is definitly going to fail. It's way to small.

OTOH, that's just my opinion. Someone else might think the 9.7 is too big and a 7 inch is perfect. Different strokes, for different folks.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seeing how the 9.7" ipads are selling like hotcakes still, there isn't any reason to introduce a new form factor. This is all a bunch of BS!

Loccy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone else might think the 9.7 is too big and a 7 inch is perfect. Different strokes, for different folks.

That'd be me. I posted in the other thread about how the moment I capitulated and bought an iPad after waiting too long for a half decent seven inch tablet to hit the market, and the moment I do it looks like the form factor I want is going to hit the market. Harumph.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
like these?

Attachments

• steve-jobs-apple-products-iphone-ipad.jpg
    steve-jobs-apple-products-iphone-ipad.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 687

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might get one....depends on price. I had ideas for its use and 7 would fit them perfectly.

I am still waiting on the iToilet.

iLoo.jpg

LOL!!!!

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And the 5 inch streak is definitly going to fail. It's way to small.
I have to disagree there. Even at 5" the Streak can go into a pocket like my 4.3" EVO does.

7" is too big to be as portable as a phone. And if you are going to have to put it in a bag to carry, might as well go 9.7" and get the full benefits of that size.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might get one....depends on price. I had ideas for its use and 7 would fit them perfectly.

I am still waiting on the iToilet.

LOL!!!!

If they updated the colour scheme to the current black/alu/white loveliness i'd buy one of those... ;)

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there is a market for 7, 10, and 12 tablets, but the sweet spot is probably 10. I would like to see Apple make several models, and then let the people choose the size they like. Then everyone is happy.

I don't understand why the other manufactures like Dell and Samsung are making smaller tablets (5 and 7). I think they would be better off copying the current iPad, put Android on it and sell it for a couple hundred less. They would still make money and would sell millions.

Hawon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMHO i don't think apple will release 7" this year. Maybe I'm hoping apple wont. Upgraded ram and better pixel density? I can see apple release one when they announce iPad 2 next year.

Sometimes i wish my iPad is little bit smaller and lighter. Probably not as much on smaller than lighter weight. Honestly iPad is little too heavy to hold one hand and read a books or articles. Purely for reading, i don't think 7" will be too small to read. I remember how easy it was to read on small kindle.

7" with same resolution and much lighter. I think I'll purchase one and either sell this or give to my parents.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe that there are any advantages to having a 7 inch iPad, except being more portable. Now if this new 7 inch was going to have a 7 inch type retna display like the i phone 4 maybe it's real. Hawon you are right sometimes it does seem a bit heavy holding it with one Hand for a long period of time. If there trying to go more portable then yeah.

I think they might release one with a camera on the front for face time. But idk about around Christmas I think they will be pushing the new gen iPod touch. And when is that damn white iPhone gonna come out!

Most reactions

Latest posts