7-inch iPad 2 Coming in Time for Christmas?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by yanran, Aug 18, 2010.

1. yanran

yanran iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, do you think it is really? 7-inch iPad 2 coming in time for christmas? What do you think about the new iPad?:confused:
  2. wrecklass

wrecklass iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Cannot imagine a reason why I'd care. Between a 4.3" Android phone and 9.7" iPad where would a 7" device even fit in. It is neither small enough for a pocket or big enough for real page rendering.

--
    Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk
  3. iceman

iceman iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I first heard about the 7 inch iPad, I thought, why?

9.7 inch seems about perfect. 7 is too small, and 12 is too big. And the 5 inch streak is definitly going to fail. It's way to small.

OTOH, that's just my opinion. Someone else might think the 9.7 is too big and a 7 inch is perfect. Different strokes, for different folks.
  4. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Seeing how the 9.7" ipads are selling like hotcakes still, there isn't any reason to introduce a new form factor. This is all a bunch of BS!
  5. Loccy

Loccy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That'd be me. I posted in the other thread about how the moment I capitulated and bought an iPad after waiting too long for a half decent seven inch tablet to hit the market, and the moment I do it looks like the form factor I want is going to hit the market. Harumph.
  6. Samurai

Samurai iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd like a nice 14" HD Ipad, not a smaller one.
  7. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    like these?

Attached Files:

8. Digikid

Digikid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I might get one....depends on price. I had ideas for its use and 7 would fit them perfectly.

I am still waiting on the iToilet.

[​IMG]

LOL!!!!
  9. wrecklass

wrecklass iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have to disagree there. Even at 5" the Streak can go into a pocket like my 4.3" EVO does.

7" is too big to be as portable as a phone. And if you are going to have to put it in a bag to carry, might as well go 9.7" and get the full benefits of that size.
  10. Prasius

Prasius iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If they updated the colour scheme to the current black/alu/white loveliness i'd buy one of those... ;)
  11. iceman

iceman iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think there is a market for 7, 10, and 12 tablets, but the sweet spot is probably 10. I would like to see Apple make several models, and then let the people choose the size they like. Then everyone is happy.

I don't understand why the other manufactures like Dell and Samsung are making smaller tablets (5 and 7). I think they would be better off copying the current iPad, put Android on it and sell it for a couple hundred less. They would still make money and would sell millions.
  12. Hawon

Hawon iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IMHO i don't think apple will release 7" this year. Maybe I'm hoping apple wont. Upgraded ram and better pixel density? I can see apple release one when they announce iPad 2 next year.

Sometimes i wish my iPad is little bit smaller and lighter. Probably not as much on smaller than lighter weight. Honestly iPad is little too heavy to hold one hand and read a books or articles. Purely for reading, i don't think 7" will be too small to read. I remember how easy it was to read on small kindle.

7" with same resolution and much lighter. I think I'll purchase one and either sell this or give to my parents.
  13. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't believe that there are any advantages to having a 7 inch iPad, except being more portable. Now if this new 7 inch was going to have a 7 inch type retna display like the i phone 4 maybe it's real. Hawon you are right sometimes it does seem a bit heavy holding it with one Hand for a long period of time. If there trying to go more portable then yeah.

I think they might release one with a camera on the front for face time. But idk about around Christmas I think they will be pushing the new gen iPod touch. And when is that damn white iPhone gonna come out!