What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5GHz wireless on iPad 4

grahamet1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought a Linksys EA4500 dual band wireless 'n' router to improve reception. Without changing the SSID I broadcast on 5 GHz is there any way I can tell whether my iPad is using 5 or 2.4 ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nothing on the iPad, to the best of my knowledge. There might be something in the router, in the logs or where it shows what clients are connected.

OP
G

grahamet1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing on the iPad, to the best of my knowledge. There might be something in the router, in the logs or where it shows what clients are connected.

Thanks but the router's admin pages don't say either, even though I've set up a Linksys "smart wifi" account. :(

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is automatic assuming the channel you are connected to is the high speed connection Yu could use speed test to verify

Colin
iPad forums Administrator

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If it is a dual band, then you should be able to give each band a different SSID. That's what I do and I can easily tell which one my iPad is on.

Most reactions

Latest posts