What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

57 hrs remaining on 2.4GB initial backup to iCloud

Arcsylver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my initial 550 MB backup to iCloud took 5 hours shortly after the initial launch. looks like due to all the new users logging in to the service things will be slow for a bit until the huge rush of traffic dies down. Subsequent backups have taken much less time.

OP
stevnim

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wireless iCloud backup finally finished at 05:19 this morning. End of thread.

theduchess550

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good grief! Mine is saying 6 hours and I was concerned. But just WHY is it so slow????? It doesn't make sense...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good grief! Mine is saying 6 hours and I was concerned. But just WHY is it so slow????? It doesn't make sense...

That's why I haven't done the backup to iCloud at this point. I am concerned about the length of time factor, and willing til things get a bit more worked out with it. I am just fine with pc direct to iTunes or doing a wifi sync. That doesn't take long for me.

Most reactions