What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5-Row Keyboard for iPad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this is yet another tweak that doesn't work on my iPad 2.

I basically went down the list in the essential app thread and downloaded what seemed interesting to me. Black keyboard works fine, and all my other Winterboard apps work as well. Why doesn't this work?

So which tweak are you referring to? Maybe I missed it, sorry.

Tim

random_name

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, the tweak I'm having trouble with is the 5-row keyboard. I enabled it in Winterboard, re-sprung, and am still looking at the standard keyboard. Is there another setting somewhere to enable the 5-row?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iFrog said:
Why the hide keyboard changed to Wm? Look like is part of the JB but I just want to know... Curious but still do the job.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Do you have splashtop installed?....I noticed this changed when I used the keybaoard while using the app.

random_name said:
Sorry, the tweak I'm having trouble with is the 5-row keyboard. I enabled it in Winterboard, re-sprung, and am still looking at the standard keyboard. Is there another setting somewhere to enable the 5-row?

Settings>general>keyboard>international keyboard then tick the 5row of your choice.

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It works fine on iPad2. All the instructions to enable it are provided, just like most apps, if you look at the description of the product in Cydia.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think many people are rushing to download & experiment with as many as possible....

random_name

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFrog said:
Why the hide keyboard changed to Wm? Look like is part of the JB but I just want to know... Curious but still do the job.
Do you have splashtop installed?....I noticed this changed when I used the keybaoard while using the app.
iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

random_name said:

Settings>general>keyboard>international keyboard then tick the 5row of your choice.

AWESOME, thank you! Worked like a charm.

If only there was such an easy fix for PC Networking. Ugh.

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a pain it doesn't work with ifile though. That's one of my essential apps so I wouldn't want to swap keyboards every time I go into it.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aftershock said:
Its a pain it doesn't work with ifile though. That's one of my essential apps so I wouldn't want to swap keyboards every time I go into it.

You don't have to swap.....it uses stock keyboard while within the ifile app only. It reverts back when you go into another app or ifile is closed. No issue really.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, you do have to turn off 5Row Keyboard before using iFile. Which is a pain. But, given the extra niceties of having the 5th row, it's what I'll live with...

So, Outlaw, your 5Row, turned on in Settings (and enabled in Winterboard), doesn't make your keyboard all wonky in iFile?

Marilyn

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Awwww....Forgot the conflict between 5row and ifile. Guess that's why I uninstalled awhile ago...Since I do use ifile quite a bit.

Clockwork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are NO arrows supported even in the switch/symbols screens? I would really recommend for these be be supported, along with a forward delete button.

rookiedj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My very first post so a BIG HELLO to everyone!

I got the 5 row installed together with the awesome black keys.

Everything looks just fantastic. However, the keyboard don't work in Cydia? The stock keyboard came up whenever I wanted to type in the search box in Cydia itself.

Tried killing the app and restarting. Also rebooted. Same thing. Cannot get it to work in Cydia.

Any help greatly appreciated!

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It won't work in Cydia. Cydia disables all tweaks as a safety measure when you start it...

Most reactions

Latest posts