What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 row keyboard activated but does not work

appleeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed the 5 row keryboard for iPad and activated it in Winterboard (no idea what that is) but it does not appear.

What am I doing wrong ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In addition to activating it in Winterboard, you also have to "turn it on" in your Settings.

Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboards > ...

Speaking as a person living in the USA, I then select English and I am provided a list of versions to use (QWERTY, AZERTY, QWERTZ and then the 3 5-Row alternatives: 5Row, 5Row-Alt and 5Row-Numeric).

I am unsure what exactly a non-English person would do (or one not living in the USA), but, hopefully, I've got you in the general area.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Somewhat related question -- can you have two (international) 5-Row Keyboards activated at the same time? I.e. can I for example load and use both the German and the English version and cycle between them when I click on that globe key?

A friend of mine tried it but says he never got it to work. Not sure if he did something wrong?

Most reactions