1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

5 ghz network

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Androidfonefan, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Androidfonefan

Androidfonefan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently purchased the AirPort Extreme which which is the dual band router form Apple.
    I was wanting to know if there was a app for the IPad2 that could show wireless networks and list which are 2.4 and 5.0.
    Is there such an animal?
  2. Androidfonefan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Follow up.
    Found a app called Fing.
    It does not show which are 2.4 or 5 but it shows me my entire network and everything that is or has been connected to it since the app was installed on my IP2.
    It is helpful to say the least. And now there is a android version. Was no android version when I installed it on the IP though.
  3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Neat. Thanks. It is useful.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF
  4. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,328 / 0
    I'm going to have a look at this.....thank you for posting back with the app you found for this.
  5. Androidfonefan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your welcome. I was originally trying to find a app for my IP that would tell me which devices on my network were using the 5ghz portion of the APE router and or the 2.4ghz portion.
    Still have not found one that does that.
    The nice thing about Ring is. Thanks to it and bu being able to see all the devices on my network, I have been able to pick out what is what. Looking at the list I know what devices are on line and if anything new shows up I know it is not mine.
    The next thing is to figure out ow to block new devices on the network that are not mine.
    I currently have none to worry about but it would always be good to now ow to do that.

from my AT100 using Tapatalk