What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 ghz network

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased the AirPort Extreme which which is the dual band router form Apple.
I was wanting to know if there was a app for the IPad2 that could show wireless networks and list which are 2.4 and 5.0.
Is there such an animal?

OP
Androidfonefan

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Follow up.
Found a app called Fing.
It does not show which are 2.4 or 5 but it shows me my entire network and everything that is or has been connected to it since the app was installed on my IP2.
It is helpful to say the least. And now there is a android version. Was no android version when I installed it on the IP though.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to have a look at this.....thank you for posting back with the app you found for this.

OP
Androidfonefan

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your welcome. I was originally trying to find a app for my IP that would tell me which devices on my network were using the 5ghz portion of the APE router and or the 2.4ghz portion.
Still have not found one that does that.
The nice thing about Ring is. Thanks to it and bu being able to see all the devices on my network, I have been able to pick out what is what. Looking at the list I know what devices are on line and if anything new shows up I know it is not mine.
The next thing is to figure out ow to block new devices on the network that are not mine.
I currently have none to worry about but it would always be good to now ow to do that.

from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts