What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.1 surround sound?

ButchBader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I just got some 5.1 surround sound speakers and want to know if there is anyway of getting 5.1 out of my ipad, does anyone know any converters to plug my speakers into and then that into my iPad?

Cheers

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey Butch... - not sure that I can answer your question, but just 3 ways to get sound from an iPad: 1) Stereo headphone jack (just 2 channel); 2) Bluetooth (also 2 channels); and 3) HDMI adapter (which I assume could do 5.1 sound IF the correct media is on the iPad, such as a surround sound movie) - if you input the 2-channel sources from the iPad into your new sound system, you'll still just have standard stereo (but probably will sound great!). Just wanted to join the thread and see what our more experienced members in this area may suggest - good luck! Dave :)

Most reactions