1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

404 errors in Cydia?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by antonio107, Jul 6, 2011.

1. antonio107

antonio107 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello!

Your search function filters out 404, so forgive me if there's 80,000 threads like this ( I didn't find any):

Finally jail broke--yay!!--looking to find something to buy, but every page give me this:

404 Not Found
    The server can not find the requested page:

moreinfo.thebigboss.org/moreinfo/depiction.php?file=wiimoteopenglesdemoData (port 80)
    Please forward this error screen to moreinfo.thebigboss.org's WebMaster.

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.5 Server at moreinfo.thebigboss.org Port 80

Is this just Cydia buckling under the pressure of all us iPad 2 users coming in at once, or is there a problem at my end??

Thanks in advance!
  2. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    It's probably just Cydia's servers getting hammered. If Cydia loaded and you are able to open it up fine then I would think that you are good to go and will have to wait for things to die down to get tweeks. I've had a few where it starts to download then hangs and ends up giving an error. I'll go back 5 minutes later and re-download it and everything goes smoothly.
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    Yes, it is always like this for a few days after a new JB is released.