What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.33 with JB or 5.0 without?

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who thinks what is better... When 5.0 releases will you update and sacrifice your JB until a new JB comes, or can you hold it out not having 5.0 and stay with JB 4.3.3 :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the guys working on a JB for iOS5 are going to have a really tough time. Apple have really made it much more difficult to JB iOS5 so I think you're going to have to wait a long long time.

Tim

OP
scotland66

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Up til now, I've always been real cautious about updating, but now think, who cares!!!! I'm soooo looking forward to os5 and want it straight away!!!!!!!

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if i can still restore to 4.3.3 (i've saved my shsh blob) from ios5, then 5.0 without :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPad1 users don't have a problem in terms of trying out 5.0 and downgrading back to 4.3.3 (or 4.3.5) provided they have saved SHSH Blobs, but please ALL iPad2 3G users please take note - Once IOS5 is released you will no longer be able to use your Saved SHSH Blobs to restore back to 4.3.3 as things stand.
They will cease to operate! So, if you are jailbroken on an iPad2 3G on 4.3.3 DO NOT make the decision to try out 5.0 on the assumption you will be able to downgrade back to 4.3.3. You will not. You will be stuck on 5.0 unjailbroken until such time as a JB is released for it.
I say this only to save you heartache over the next few weeks! :D

88raymond - take note - You are NOT protected by your blobs!

You have been (politely) warned!

OP
scotland66

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
iPad1 users don't have a problem in terms of trying out 5.0 and downgrading back to 4.3.3 (or 4.3.5) provided they have saved SHSH Blobs, but please ALL iPad2 3G users please take note - Once IOS5 is released you will no longer be able to use your Saved SHSH Blobs to restore back to 4.3.3 as things stand.
They will cease to operate! So, if you are jailbroken on an iPad2 3G on 4.3.3 DO NOT make the decision to try out 5.0 on the assumption you will be able to downgrade back to 4.3.3. You will not. You will be stuck on 5.0 unjailbroken until such time as a JB is released for it.

Thanks for the info!!!! I really didn't know that.
Nick

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't be upgrading my iPad 1 to iOS 5, as I feel that I will lose to many tweaks that I love on the iPad. However, I will probably upgrade my iPhone 4 as the tweaks aren't as important on the iPhone as they are on the iPad, though I'm not sure I could live without SBScheduler as it's such a great battery saver. Only time will tell.

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

thank you so much for the warning! that's why i placed the conditional "if" :) i will opt for staying JB'd with 4.3.3... lost all the enthusiasm for the new ios5.0, lol!

Last edited:

Most reactions