What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 upgrade problems

Andy Dwyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i,m Andy originally from England now living in Brazil, new to the Forums, have had an ipad for 8 months now and love it!!

Tried to update to 4.3, keep getting error message 1602, tried on my home internet which is not too strong but also tried on a Hotel internet which is a good speed but with same results.
My ipad goes into recovery and can only bring it out with the "tinyumbrella" gizmo.

Any ideas ??

Andy

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i,m Andy originally from England now living in Brazil, new to the Forums, have had an ipad for 8 months now and love it!!

Tried to update to 4.3, keep getting error message 1602, tried on my home internet which is not too strong but also tried on a Hotel internet which is a good speed but with same results.
My ipad goes into recovery and can only bring it out with the "tinyumbrella" gizmo.

Any ideas ??

Andy

Welcome - in Brazil? - I bet the weather is better there than in the UK.... OK, though, it's sunny here near Aberdeen...

OK - what version of iTunes are you using - easy starting point to fix this problem...try the easy ones first.....

Have a look here, too....

Update and restore alert messages on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Get back to us...we're happy to help and all enthusiasts ..

Tim
Scotland (originally from the England, though!)

OP
A

Andy Dwyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim
I,m using 10.2.1, which i believe is the latest.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - that's the latest iTunes. Have you done a complete iPad reboot? i.e. hold the Power and Home buttons down for 60 seconds with the iPad switched off initially?

You'll probably have seen quite a few Forum members having similar problems updating to 4.3 - I've chickened out and am sticking with 4.2!

Tim
Scotland

OP
A

Andy Dwyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, i tried the reboot but it didn't work, but thanks for the info anyway.
Also tried the disabling anti-virus deal as well with no joy.
Think i'm going to stick with 4.2 for now, reading some reviews and seems like 4.3 is no great advance anyway.

Andy
p.s. i appologise in advance for Sundays Brazil/Scotland game !!

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with the upgrade before. I don't know if this helps or not, but it was because I had previosly had jailbreak on a device and when I got my shiny new Ipad the install failed. I had to delete some host file thingie. I know that's not very helpful but it's all i've got...

OP
A

Andy Dwyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't jailbroke it so i guess it doesn't apply, thanks anyway.
Hopefully somebody has had this problem and can help me ??

Andy :confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts