What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 officially released today Mar 9

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heaviside said:
One would think that Apple would publish an instruction manual for iOS 4.3, but nothing to be found on it's web site!

Does anyone hqve q good url for an overview-instructions for the newer features?

All information about iOS 4.3 features can be found on the Apple website:
Apple - iOS 4.3 Software Update

For HomeSharing, add your account under Settings->iPod and that is pretty much all you can possibly set up with this update, the rest just works right away.

Yes, I had already investigated that page. Unfortunately, unless my eyesight is even worse than I think, it only contains a bunch of nice graphics telling me what I (supposedly) "can do," but has no specific instructions---or links to them.

Did I miss something?

Joseph liong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever since upgrading to 4.3 when I take my iPad off airplane mode and connect to 3G (with wifi off) it shows a full 3G signal but won't connect.
Then if I turn on wifi and connect to wifi, open a webpage it connects....
I can then turn wifi off and it connects and works fine on 3G.
Anyone else?
Can someone else try the same and see if you can replicate this?
also My photos were optimized again during sync.

jerryrogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad won't upgrade on my PC. I simply click on upgrade, the thing takes forever to download, finally does, but then I get this Network Timed Out error.

After three try's, I've downloaded the file to my PC, but don't know how to access it.

Can anyone offer advice?

Last edited:

spaced

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be careful. I downloaded the new os in iTunes. After downloading I got an error message and it froze my iPad. I had to reboot and rest to factory settings to get it back. It's now installed as I had to reinstall it after rebooting, but I spent all night reinstalling all my apps etc.....sorted now but still not pleased

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heaviside said:
One would think that Apple would publish an instruction manual for iOS 4.3, but nothing to be found on it's web site!

Does anyone hqve q good url for an overview-instructions for the newer features?

All information about iOS 4.3 features can be found on the Apple website:
Apple - iOS 4.3 Software Update

For HomeSharing, add your account under Settings->iPod and that is pretty much all you can possibly set up with this update, the rest just works right away.

Yes, I had already investigated that page. Unfortunately, unless my eyesight is even worse than I think, it only contains a bunch of nice graphics telling me what I (supposedly) "can do," but has no specific instructions---or links to them.

Did I miss something?

If you go to iBooks, and search for iOS 4.3, you will find the iPad Users Guide 4.3. BUT it is based on the new iPad2! So, whilst I'm only interested in the OS 4.3, the user guide is giving me information on iPad2. I guess that is Apple's subtle way of telling me I should also upgrade my hardware. <not going to do it, no siree....my first edition iPad is perfectly fine for me!>

Most reactions

Latest posts