What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 officially released today Mar 9

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've merged the two threads and moved to the OS section, I feel is the best place for this.

gatecitycanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never really understood why you can't do updates OTA. It seems silly to have to go through iTunes.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never really understood why you can't do updates OTA. It seems silly to have to go through iTunes.

Exactly my thoughts also. Apple wants u chained to desktop iTunes. But it may be also that the file is too large or would be issues with otw updates.

Reaction score
gatecitycanes said:

It may also be for safety reasons.

When you update through iTunes, it always creates a backup beforehand, so it is easy to restore, in case something goes wrong. When updating directly, this feature would be lost.

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So where is the Personal Hotspot? I don't see any reference to it (searching) on either iPhone4 or iPad. Is this a carrier-controlled feature (I'm on Rogers)?

Safari shows a noticeable and welcome speed boost.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds good so far. I will try to hold off on update till untethered jailbreak is released. I gotz to have Ifiles at all times..lol

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just downloaded & installed. Seamless. Rotation lock switch did not work. Soft reboot didn't help; hard reboot did not fix. Switch still shows muted sound, but scroll lock only in software for me.

AlunReynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I have installed 4.3 and so far, apart from the orientation lock, no difference, nuttin, nada. Where are the gestures, the safari speed improvements? Having had my interest piqued I feel kind of let down, almost... ...well... ...used sob sob sob :)

AlunReynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jkhonea said:
For those saying finger gestures doesn't work, did you enable it in settings?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Setting isn't available in settings. Only the choice for the hardware switch.

Most reactions