What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.3 Has anyone noticed a change in power consumption?

Reaction score
Mine is still ticking down since I have done a network reset.

3% in 3 and a half hours of being in sleep. I am going to let it run right down then give it an overnight charge and see if it changes back to how it used to be :)

Oops there goes another 1% .......

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

If you've not done a full discharge in a while it could very well be your meter is not calibrated . Many have stated that Apple suggests a full discharge about once a month to maximize the calibration

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3% over night sounds like nothing compaired to my 3gs with nothing running it uses 25% just sitting for 4 hours lol

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to stick to my current firmware as i am very happy with it :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
If you've not done a full discharge in a while it could very well be your meter is not calibrated . Many have stated that Apple suggests a full discharge about once a month to maximize the calibration

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

I have done 3 complete discharges since I've had the iPad because there have been 3 firmware updates :(

I bet now I want it to drain down it won't lol :)

madam_octa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also noticed that my battery life is slightly worse on 4.3.3
Usually I would browse web for about an hour and it would waste 4-5%, now I'm browsing for 50 min and it already wasted 11%
I'm using the same brightness level, and all background apps are closed, so I'm pretty sure the new os version is responsible for that

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anything has changed on the battery front, I'm finding that a charge lasts longer. Apart from that, I have had no issues with 4.3.3

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too. I am very disciplined with my power options and without a doubt, 4.3.3 is using more power than 4.3.2. It might be a way the battery meter is reading but from my point of view watching the meter, it is using more power for the same tasks it did when on 4.3.2.
On a side note, my wifi strength is stronger. I get full strength now when I would only get 3/4 strength wifi signal at the exact same place in my house.

Usually I would browse web for about an hour and it would waste 4-5%, now I'm browsing for 50 min and it already wasted 11%
I'm using the same brightness level, and all background apps are closed, so I'm pretty sure the new os version is responsible for that

Last edited:

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mystro said:
Me too. I am very disciplined with my power options and without a doubt, 4.3.3 is using more power than 4.2.2. It might be a way the battery meter is reading but from my point of view watching the meter, it is using more power for the same tasks it did when on 4.3.2.
On a side note, my wifi strength is stronger. I get full strength now when I would only get 3/4 strength wifi signal at the exact same place in my house.

I have done numerous full depletion and overnight charges and my battery is definitely dropping quicker.

My wifi is very variable. Often when my iPad is idle I can have a full signal, but as soon as I ask it to do anything it drops down to one dot.... Sits there for a bit then goes up I bar. I have done the usual reset of network setting etc.

I can repeat this over and over :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Harters said:
My wifi is very variable. Often when my iPad is idle I can have a full signal, but as soon as I ask it to do anything it drops down to one dot.... Sits there for a bit then goes up I bar. I have done the usual reset of network setting etc.

In my experience this usually indicates that your router is on a noisy channel. Is it set to Auto? Have you tried setting the channel yourself to one of the more obscure ones? Whenever I've done that in the past I tend to have a full stable signal on all my devices afterwards.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
In my experience this usually indicates that your router is on a noisy channel. Is it set to Auto? Have you tried setting the channel yourself to one of the more obscure ones? Whenever I've done that in the past I tend to have a full stable signal on all my devices afterwards.

That's an interesting comment, because generally its when I am using my works wifi which will have much more draw than mine at home.

Thank you :)

Reaction score
Me too. I am very disciplined with my power options and without a doubt, 4.3.3 is using more power than 4.3.2. It might be a way the battery meter is reading but from my point of view watching the meter, it is using more power for the same tasks it did when on 4.3.2.

That put me over the top .I was going to sit this update out since it's been written it's a track fix only but this is the second time I've read a wifi improvement. Thank you

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Most reactions

Latest posts