What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.2 update / issues

ReBoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ReBoot said:
I get the proble, after update on my iPad2 :( started with download and thought that will install after I downloaded, but after it was downloaded and get to install mod, my iPad start to restart and didn't came through. It still have loading icon on the middle of iPad2 screen. Don't switching of at all and I have no idea how to solve it. Because as I try to connect to iTunes it gets connection error :( Any solutions pps?

Regards,

ReBoot ;)

Have you done your name justice by pressing Power&home button simultaneously for 7 seconds?

DUMI thanx man exactly that helped me to solve this issue ;) So now I'll try to update everything once more :)

Regards,

ReBoot

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facetime deleting

You mean disable or remove it?

You can turn it off under FaceTime's setting in Settings. You can also go into Settings >> General >> Restrictions and turn it off, which will make the app icon disappear.

If you do, write down the passcode somewhere. It is no fun trying to undo restrictions without it.

Tnks Twerppoet. I had just had a bout with Facebook and I was confused. I am so concerned about tracking and security issues I thought Facetime was Facebook......duh....must have had a brain fart!

I will read up on Facetime )my bro has an iPhone and we can try it....just new to that feature since I don't have an iPhone. (Android instead).

blckz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first iOS device so I'm still learning but I was wondering if it was possible to uninstall an update? So far since updating the IMDB app crashes when searching. The Friendly Facebook app just opens a web browser and if you click the done button it goes to a blank screen. Many of the menu selections in the MyPad Facebook app just take you to the Live Feed page. The slider in another app stopped sliding. I just wanted to see if the update was causing these issues or if I'm just having bad luck. I have tried completely shutting if off a couple times but nothing different.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
blckz28 said:
This is my first iOS device so I'm still learning but I was wondering if it was possible to uninstall an update? So far since updating the IMDB app crashes when searching. The Friendly Facebook app just opens a web browser and if you click the done button it goes to a blank screen. Many of the menu selections in the MyPad Facebook app just take you to the Live Feed page. The slider in another app stopped sliding. I just wanted to see if the update was causing these issues or if I'm just having bad luck. I have tried completely shutting if off a couple times but nothing different.

It is possible to downgrade iPads, but unfortunately you need to have prepared well beforehand. In my signature is a sticky related to SHSH Blobs. You need these to be able to downgrade IOS. You should start saving them now. The post tells you how. You are too late to go back to 4.3.1, but if you start today you will be protected from this point forwards... Hope that helps.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
metheridge said:
Well!!! I cant update!!!!! I get error 3194!!!!

That's a lot of exclamation points! Have you used tinyumbrella recently by chance?

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
metheridge said:
Well!!! I cant update!!!!! I get error 3194!!!!

That's a lot of exclamation points! Have you used tinyumbrella recently by chance?

Err...yeah....

With that hint I think I figured it out....I deleted the entry in my HOSTS file....

Last edited:

blckz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blckz28 said:

It is possible to downgrade iPads, but unfortunately you need to have prepared well beforehand. In my signature is a sticky related to SHSH Blobs. You need these to be able to downgrade IOS. You should start saving them now. The post tells you how. You are too late to go back to 4.3.1, but if you start today you will be protected from this point forwards... Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. Is anybody else having these problems? Should I try uninstalling those apps and reinstalling? Should I do a factory reset on my iPad?
Thanks again

blckz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well Friendly acknowledges a problem with 4.3.2 in the app store so I guess I"ll just wait for an update from them and hopefully IMDB. Hopefully no other apps are having problems.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
metheridge said:
Err...yeah....

With that hint I think I figured it out....I deleted the entry in my HOSTS file....

Confucius say, "master has most respect for pupil who solves own problems with merely a hint"
Good effort.

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
metheridge said:
Err...yeah....

Confucius say, "master has most respect for pupil who solves own problems with merely a hint"
Good effort.

Yep After deleting that entry updated fine....now to backup my key.

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just completed the 4.3.2 update on my iPad-2 and it went without a hitch. It took exactly 17 min. for the whole process (download; install; re-boot). Is this a new speed record?

sublimesaries

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Error :(

I keep getting an error that says my iPad was unable to update because my network is timing out...

My network isn't doing anything! Anyone know what this is all about :(:)

awboxster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I've completed the update to 4.3.2 with no problems except friendly Facebook and a black screen. The updated took a total of 15mins (fast b'band). Very pleased with the iPad 2 so far......this is my first apple product so still learning

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having issues updating also. Have tried it several times. I'm about to give up.

Most reactions

Latest posts