What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.2 update / issues

NCTurner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just completed my update. So far, so good, with no problems. I'm curious if anyone else has had any problems with this update?

I also thought this might be a good place for people to list any issues, problems or questions about this update.

Richman1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did mine last night, but I got some sort of error with the update. My ipad just sat there with the Apple in the middle forever. Forced me to restore the ipad from last sync which was right before so no big deal. Since this is my first Apple product I had to look up how to restore.

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have found if you tell it to just download it's faster than down loading and updating all at once.

OP
N

NCTurner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found if you tell it to just download it's faster than down loading and updating all at once.

Thanks for that advice...I'll remember that on the next update.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got an inexpensive silicone rubber case around my iPad. There are openings in the appropriate places but you get what you pay for.

The plug for the USB cord doesn't quite fit right with the case on. Good enough in the past but for some reason not today. I kept getting disconnected when I was trying to update.

Finally (duh!) after 6 or so attempts I just pulled the corner of the cover off and moved it away from the plug area completely. Coincidentally some updates for my Mac arrived at the same time and I rebooted. Final result was the update went smoothly.

So either I needed a reboot or the connection was just not tight enough but I did have some issues.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not updating from 4.3 to 4.3.2 until iPad 2 Jailbreak is available. Even though I have face time issue with it, is no big deal since I rarely use it. As far as battery life, I just adjusted my brightness to low, not lowest and my battery life has been pretty good.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Went smoothly.

I always:
Choose the download option, and update later.
Plug directly into the computer. Less equipment means less to go wrong.
Transfer purchases to iTunes
Sync to backup
Backup the computer files.
Make sure to either turn off power saver, or stay by the computer so it does not shut down mid upgrade.
Do nothing else on the computer until the upgrade is over.

Doing all that, I of course never seem to have the trouble I'm prepared for. :D

So far I've had no real issues. I could recreate the PhotoBooth problem reported elsewhere, but restarting the iPad cleared it up.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
84 minutes download and about 10 for the upgrade . Next time I'll download first and do the update the next day ! Finally got to sleep at 3 am my time ;) But everything was smooth .

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facetime

I'm not updating from 4.3 to 4.3.2 until iPad 2 Jailbreak is available. Even though I have face time issue with it, is no big deal since I rarely use it. As far as battery life, I just adjusted my brightness to low, not lowest and my battery life has been pretty good.

Is there any way to delete, other than jailbreaking when it is available, this security flaw known as Facetime that comes pre installed?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You mean disable or remove it?

You can turn it off under FaceTime's setting in Settings. You can also go into Settings >> General >> Restrictions and turn it off, which will make the app icon disappear.

If you do, write down the passcode somewhere. It is no fun trying to undo restrictions without it.

ReBoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just completed my update. So far, so good, with no problems. I'm curious if anyone else has had any problems with this update?

I also thought this might be a good place for people to list any issues, problems or questions about this update.

I get the proble, after update on my iPad2 :( started with download and thought that will install after I downloaded, but after it was downloaded and get to install mod, my iPad start to restart and didn't came through. It still have loading icon on the middle of iPad2 screen. Don't switching of at all and I have no idea how to solve it. Because as I try to connect to iTunes it gets connection error :( Any solutions pps?

Regards,

ReBoot ;)

Reaction score
ReBoot said:
I get the proble, after update on my iPad2 :( started with download and thought that will install after I downloaded, but after it was downloaded and get to install mod, my iPad start to restart and didn't came through. It still have loading icon on the middle of iPad2 screen. Don't switching of at all and I have no idea how to solve it. Because as I try to connect to iTunes it gets connection error :( Any solutions pps?

Regards,

ReBoot ;)

Have you done your name justice by pressing Power&home button simultaneously for 7 seconds?

Most reactions

Latest posts