What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.2 app problems

Sheikwaba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help. Rebooting didn't sort it but removing iTunes information then using the "reset all settings" in the General tab and then re-configuring did.

I think it may have been caused by using the iTunes on my wife's login profile to do the update so somewhere it mucked all the setting about and that is why only bought apps did not work.

gma99611

iPF Noob
Reaction score
having same issues with my iPhone apps. I ended up deleteing apps and downloading them on iTunes and then onto my phone. Still don't always work on some, others it seemed to help.

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update and email contacts

Help! Quite a number of my apps won't work after this "upgrade". eg. pages, keynote, ibooks. what the hell???? grhhhh! anybody else out there with similar problems?
I have an issue that apparently arose from the update too. When I open email and wish to send an email, prior to this update I could click on the To field, the keyboard would appear below, I would type in the first letter of the intended address and my contacts with that letter would appear. Now, all I get is the keyboard below but no contacts when I enter the first letter of the address with the keyboard. I can enter using the X on the right hand top of the page to access my addresses but I miss the old way of entering my contacts' first letter with the keyboard. I have tried several reboots to no avail. My contacts are correct so I don't know where to go from here since the email app is native and there is no way to download it from the apps store. As an afterthought, I downloaded AltraMail (not sure if this is the correct title) and the contacts do appear when I go through the original steps as described above. Any suggestions?

Strega315

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same issue. All apps that have been downloaded from the store will not work. Ones that were part of the original build such as videos or Safari do.

The app pops up for a brief second and then disappears. It is very frustrating.

I've hard re-set. Closed down all apps. re-opened. Nothing works. I have dozens of the things and don't think re-installing them all is an option.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Just to be clear when you say a 'hard reset' - do you mean a reboot? Hold the Power and Home keys down together for about 15 seconds or so until the white Apple logo appears and then wait for the iPad to reboot?

Tim

Easy fix - has to do with iTunes account authentication.
1. On your iPad, go to the App Store
2. Choose an application that is free and that you have never downloaded before.
3. Download it and enter account info when prompted
4. All previously purchased apps will now work correctly

Strega315

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2. Choose an application that is free and that you have never downloaded before.

Strega315

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help! Quite a number of my apps won't work after this "upgrade". eg. pages, keynote, ibooks. what the hell???? grhhhh! anybody else out there with similar problems?

Kin Lau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've have similar issues several times in the past with my iPhone prior to iOS 4 updates.

It was related to the OS'es application DB being corrupted. Re-installing a few apps do help, I found the Google app to be a good one, but some applications I simply had to delete and install before they would work again.

All else fails, you may need to do a full reset of the iPad, and restore from backup.

Most reactions