What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.2 app problems

pastam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help! Quite a number of my apps won't work after this "upgrade". eg. pages, keynote, ibooks. what the hell???? grhhhh! anybody else out there with similar problems?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Several members have found they need to power recycle the iPad before things 'get back to normal'. So try switching it off completely - i.e. not just to Sleep - power on and see if it's OK then.

Tim

OP
P

pastam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion tim but no luck. very frustrating!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that; when you say they don't work, do you mean they won't load or - when they're loaded they don't function properly? I guess you could be a bit more drastic and try a reboot, rather than a power recycle...

Tim

OP
P

pastam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
they won't load...they will flash onto the screen for a split second and then crash. just going to wait 24 hours and see if anybody else has any bright ideas before my next move.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've not seen this problem mentioned here before but, yes, wait and see. Though a reboot can't do any harm....:(

Tim

vanine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just installed the 4.3.2 version and got the same problem. None of the applications is working. Shall I use the restore option? Thanks, Vanine

Last edited:

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about a hard re-set,hold home button and sleep button until apple symbol appears then let go

Jfinx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe remove the apps, do a hard reset and then do a reinstall on the apps?

This worked for me when my air video app just crashed on me over and over again.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Sheikwaba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same issue. All apps that have been downloaded from the store will not work. Ones that were part of the original build such as videos or Safari do.

The app pops up for a brief second and then disappears. It is very frustrating.

I've hard re-set. Closed down all apps. re-opened. Nothing works. I have dozens of the things and don't think re-installing them all is an option.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same issue. All apps that have been downloaded from the store will not work. Ones that were part of the original build such as videos or Safari do.

The app pops up for a brief second and then disappears. It is very frustrating.

I've hard re-set. Closed down all apps. re-opened. Nothing works. I have dozens of the things and don't think re-installing them all is an option.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Just to be clear when you say a 'hard reset' - do you mean a reboot? Hold the Power and Home keys down together for about 15 seconds or so until the white Apple logo appears and then wait for the iPad to reboot?

Tim

jfpk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With your iPad connected to your pc via the USB cable, log on to to the iTune Store (user name and password required) and from the Store menu select "Authorize This Computer".

sgtcasey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would try uninstalling and then reinstalling the offending apps (one at a time of course) to see if that helps.

FWIW, I didn't have any issues with 4.3.2.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions