What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2 pushed back

drock99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look, not everyone has the WiFi problem. I'm typing on a 4.2GM iPad right now with no problem. They have already released a new GM that fixes the issue so then it should be fixed now if GM = released version, right? What's the point in waiting so long?

I want my ATV2 update so I can TRUELY push video from iOS devices. Not like that fake Friday when the tech sites were claiming it was possible with the 10.1 iTunes update.

Not so. Not so. Not so.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look, not everyone has the WiFi problem. I'm typing on a 4.2GM iPad right now with no problem. They have already released a new GM that fixes the issue so then it should be fixed now if GM = released version, right? What's the point in waiting so long?

I want my ATV2 update so I can TRUELY push video from iOS devices. Not like that fake Friday when the tech sites were claiming it was possible with the 10.1 iTunes update.

Not so. Not so. Not so.

I've never had WiFi problems.

Fabio_rj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad is running IOS 4.2GM. What about to upgrade it when the public version comes?

I decided to upgrade to the GM version and now my ipad is running nice with the second GM realease. But I am so afraid about not being able to upgrade it when the final public version comes out. I think iTunes will see that I have a IOS 4.2 already installed on my device and won't give me the choice to upgrade it. You, guys, that have already upgraded other apple devices with GM versions, could you tell anything about that?
Thanks,
Fabio.

PS. Sorry about my poor english.

larfor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
Will all my data from calendar (Pocket Informant), documents (Documents To Go), books (e-bokus) and settings still be on my Ipad after the upgrade? Is the backup with Itunes also takes backup with these applications?

Thx for answering!

Best regards!

Fabio_rj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
Will all my data from calendar (Pocket Informant), documents (Documents To Go), books (e-bokus) and settings still be on my Ipad after the upgrade? Is the backup with Itunes also takes backup with these applications?

Thx for answering!

Best regards!

Yes, all data will be back on your ipad by syncing the backup that itunes keeps on hd. Before the update, make a sync, ok?
Fabio.

larfor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!

Thx for answering!

Best regards!

Yes, all data will be back on your ipad by syncing the backup that itunes keeps on hd. Before the update, make a sync, ok?
Fabio.

Thx Fabio :)

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm curious about something. Is there anyone out there that has had an iPad since cay 1? How many updates has it received?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had it since day 1, but I can't tell you for sure how many updates it has received, as I don't really check that often for updates.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't have from day 1,but I received my ipad with 3.2.1,then I moved on to 3.2.2 then finally 4.2 GM1 ,so all in all its 2 updates so far. Another one is 4.2GM2 which I didn't want because my ipad is having some super improvement in wifi range and stability,overall performance and 3G so I am afraid to update as these might go away and stuff,but looking forward to the final release. :)

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I thought this thread was supposed to be about the official public release of 4.2? Instead you guys are talking about some advanced copy that the vast majority of us here either can't get (or use) or don't really care about. Isn't there some other thread that pertains to the advance version of 4.2?

Siriggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked the app store and have some apps on the update page that have updates for ios 4.2. Could this be a sign or just wishful thinking on my part.

MartyS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They've been releasing 4.2 compatable apps for the last week or more. Hopefully we'll see 4.2 for the iPad soon.

Most reactions

Latest posts