What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2.1 Untethered ETA?

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone hear any rumors on if anyone has 4.2.1 untethered in the works? I am willing to try the current tethered version, but would rather have untethered, as I am sure most of us would...

TIA

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check on TiPb(dot)com in the jailbreak forum. They seem to have all the latest info there on jailbreaking. They also have "How To's" that are very interesting.

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check on TiPb(dot)com in the jailbreak forum. They seem to have all the latest info there on jailbreaking. They also have "How To's" that are very interesting.

good site tipb(dot)com m8

OP
Todd M

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Hopefully they are hard at work getting this going for the iPads and other 4th Gen devices. I'll have to buy them a few beers when it comes down...

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just saw this don't know if it works since gf has ipad, will try when I get home.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDhD53lFeug[/ame]

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jailbreaks, especially untethered ones, don't get released on YouTube guys. Only fakes and scams do. There are only a few teams of talented devs in the world that have a track record of producing the real deals. Rest assured as soon as a tethered jb is around it will be big news on every site. You won't have to go plumbing the depths of YouTube to find it!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaks, especially untethered ones, don't get released on YouTube guys. Only fakes and scams do.
Yes and especially ones that are ONLY found on youtube and download sites AND end in ra1n but don't begin with black. :)

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
since the ipad last so long I have no issue with my current jailbreak, just don't let it hit 0 on the battery.

OP
Todd M

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
since the ipad last so long I have no issue with my current jailbreak, just don't let it hit 0 on the battery.

I never do, but a number apps that are downloaded from Cydia need a reboot after install, which means I would have to go through the whole tethered process again for each time it needs to be rebooted. Untethered would make that process MUCH smoother...

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't wait for an untethered jailbreak too. Even better if it's something we can do by building a custom ipsw!

Most reactions

Latest posts