What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2.1 to 4.3.3 jailbreak. sn0wbreeze or redsn0w?

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a few things I would like to keep the same but tweaks I realise might not work with 4.3.3.

Am I better upgrading in iTunes then using redsn0w or let snow breeze do the work?
Thanks
IPad 1 btw

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, Sutty.

I just upgraded my 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 with sn0wbreeze. I had zero troubles (but I did follow, very closely, f4780y's very good and detailed directions!). It was very nice, having sn0wbreeze do all the work (it even adds the new gestures for you!). Very nicely done jailbreak.

I have a lot of tweaks that worked great on 4.2.1 and there are only two things that appear odd or flat out didn't work. Number one is YourTube did not like my 4.3.3 iPad. It always booted into safe mode - just by having it installed. Deleted it and it's fine.

In addition, iFiles doesn't play well now with 5-row keyboard. I understand you can employ a keyboard fixer tweak, but it doesn't help. The only way to type in iFiles is to temporarily disable 5-row keyboard.

Other than that, I am enjoying the upgrade. I don't know what tweaks you have that you might miss, but those are the only two I had/have that had any issues (and I've got most of the ones listed in the must-have-tweaks thread...

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love snowbreeze. Easy jailbreak and I even include a couple .deb files to make my Cydia redownloading less painful.
Oops! Reminded me I need to change my sig! :)

OP
S

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great, thanks guys.
I think I will use sn0wbreeze I think because I fancy a change :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
sutty0000 said:
Great, thanks guys.

Sounds good!

As a general rule of thumb, I would suggest sn0wbreeze (or pwnage) if you need to upgrade your iOS version as well as jailbreak, and redsn0w if your iPad is already running the version of IOS you want to jailbreak and you don't need / want to restore.

Last edited:
OP
S

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sutty0000 said:
Great, thanks guys.

Sounds good!

As a general rule of thumb, I would suggest sn0wbreeze (or pwnage) if you need to upgrade your iOS version as well as jailbreak, and redsn0w if your iPad is already running the version of IOS you want to jailbreak and you don't need / want to restore.
Yeah sn0wbreeze it is then because I want to upgrade and jailbreak to the new iOS as I have 4.2.1 on there now and not 4.3.3

Most reactions

Latest posts