What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2.1 jb on win7 64bit

Bigbison420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm trying to jailbreak my iPad on a windows 7 64-bit pc. My issue is the every time I power off the iPad and plug the USB cable in from iPad to pc the iPad starts up right away. Anyone encounter anything like this yet ? I have 64 bit iTunes and used a 64 bit installer. Am I missing a certain driver maybe?
:(

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad wakes up anytime I plug it into the PC, no matter if it asleep or turned off, technically deep sleep. I also have Win7 64Bit. Depending on your iTunes settings, iTunes will also come up when you plug in the iPad or iPhone, as iTunes assumes that you want to do something with it, that's way you plugged it in. Also, it is charging slowly when connected to the USB port, despite what the iPad says.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm trying to jailbreak my iPad on a windows 7 64-bit pc. My issue is the every time I power off the iPad and plug the USB cable in from iPad to pc the iPad starts up right away. Anyone encounter anything like this yet ? I have 64 bit iTunes and used a 64 bit installer. Am I missing a certain driver maybe?
:(
That is normal. You don't turn it off and then plug it in. You plug it in and then turn it off. Then do the jailbreak.

Michael

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman is right. And if you don't want iTunes to start, you can disable this function within iTunes or just use msconfig to prevent loading iTunes in the background on windows startup. You can find the startup programs in the startup tab. There's usually a lot of crap, too, which you can disable to speed up windows.
And iTunes still works properly if you start it by pressing its icon on the desktop when you really want to use iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts