What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G

stu589

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Just bought a new wifi iPad2, not thinking id need the 3G. I've now changed my mind. I've been reading about Mifi. Is it suitable for the iPad2? And can anyone suggest the best one to go for, thanks.

The Kleaner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any of them will work or you can use your phone if cabable as your mobile hotspot.

I rooted my droid specifically for that reason...and the fact that my work pays for my service.

Last edited:

Pichon617

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Kleaner said:
Any of them will work or you can use your phone if cabable as your mobile hotspot.

I rooted my droid specifically for that reason...and the fact that my work pays for my service.

Your iPad can connect to your android wifi to get internet ???????

Sent from my JB iPad using iPF

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Kleaner said:

Your iPad can connect to your android wifi to get internet ???????

Yup. Many phones have the option to (both legally and illegally) turn themselves into a wifi hotspot. One advantage to this is that some phones and areas will be upgraded to 4g and tethering will provide faster speeds than the current 3g antennas provide.

The Kleaner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to use Pdanet (tethered :( ) but rooting my droid and running it wireless as a hotspot is much faster.

Pichon617

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:
Yup. Many phones have the option to (both legally and illegally) turn themselves into a wifi hotspot. One advantage to this is that some phones and areas will be upgraded to 4g and tethering will provide faster speeds than the current 3g antennas provide.

How can I do it on my mytouch 3G from tmobile I have unlimited everything

The Kleaner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:

Here is one way but there may be additional charges for this method.

Wi-Fi Hotspot and Tethering | T-Mobile

The Kleaner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:

Other methods:

How to Tether Your Android Phone « Smarterware

Let me know how you make out.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:

You have to talk to your carrier.

I don't practice, condone, nor enable the violation of contracts by unpaid tethering. Sorry (but not really...).

Pichon617

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have easy tether on my mytouch slide thats how i use the internet on my cpu at home i want to use my ipad's wifi how can i make my cell a hotspot

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have easy tether on my mytouch slide thats how i use the internet on my cpu at home i want to use my ipad's wifi how can i make my cell a hotspot

It can be a lengthy process to do so. I can't help you out, as per my post a couple posts back. There's plenty of information around if you just use google. However, you will be in violation of your cellular contract, you will void the warranty on your phone, you'll risk an increased bill, and you will effectively be stealing data from your carrier.

Pichon617

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:
It can be a lengthy process to do so. I can't help you out, as per my post a couple posts back. There's plenty of information around if you just use google. However, you will be in violation of your cellular contract, you will void the warranty on your phone, you'll risk an increased bill, and you will effectively be stealing data from your carrier.

I get it done I called tmobile an added it to my account that's the only way with tmobile
Thank you so much for your info

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get it done I called tmobile an added it to my account that's the only way with tmobile
Thank you so much for your info

Congrats! That's the best way to do it, then you have full support and you don't have to worry about any contact problems. :)

Pichon617

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:
Congrats! That's the best way to do it, then you have full support and you don't have to worry about any contact problems. :)

That's true it works Great now I can get my girl of my back about using internet

Most reactions

Latest posts