3G with wifi connectivity issues

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Diane B, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Diane B

Diane B iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    I had read that Apple is "collecting" the Ipad 3s wifi with connectivity issues but couldn't find anything about the 3G Ipads with the problem. Up until today I haven't had any problems but I turn 3G off and on when I need it. I find I have to reboot once a day to get it to search for Verizon but then usually set for the day. Today, after turning it on, rebooting and then turning it off I can not get my wifi to connect. I have rebooted my router, usually fixes issues. My Ipad one, Touch and Grace internet radio are all connectd so its obviously an Ipad 3 issues. I've done two soft resets, rebooted, turned airplane off and on, turned wifi off and on. I have not gone anywhere else to test if their wifi works but would like some other input. Anyone else having issues??

Diane
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    I'm sure some others are having these problems...but Apple hasn't found the issue yet. But I'm wondering if the wifi only issue could also be in the some wifi+4G ipads.

I continue to have no problems with my iPad switching from wifi to LTE.
  3. Diane B

Diane B iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    I had not either except I did have to reboot at least once a day to get the Ipad to search for Verizon 3G. My two year old Ipad one is wifi only so I have nothing to compare it to.

I did go down to our DT area to try public wifi and it did connect so I am going to reset my own router--I had simply rebooted it before. I haven't had any issues with this one (got it the 16th of March) or my One except very occasional reboots and I now have three Ipads, a Touch, Grace internet radio, Apple TV and husband's laptop able to run from the router but.....

Not going to point fingere LOL until I try some other things first. Stuff happens......
  4. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    I think there very likely is a problem on some units with 3G/4G and wifi. I see no reason to NOT believe the reports you and others are making. I just think it must be one of these "some" devices have some flaw that is not yet fully apparent. Just like the WIFI only iPad issue.
  5. Diane B

Diane B iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    I resolved mine by resetting my Linksys router. Speed is as good as before--which was excellent, and connectivity fine. I need to try with switching between cell and wifi though. So--it may be an issue between my router and my Ipad but we'll see. I do get really good coverage with this router (and all Ipads), even though old.