1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

3g & WIFI SIGNALS

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by SITA1, Jan 23, 2013.

1. SITA1

SITA1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi
    I have an Apple IPAD 3, 64g, wifi, cellular. Im hoping this site offers me the opportunity to learn new things about my device and help me with a few issues.
    Currently my device does not pick up a strong 3G signal. the same sim, in the same vicinity in another device like a samsung or android it picks up a really strong signal and im able to use that device as the wifi hotspot.

Any ideas as to why i have this problem?

Also any idea how i get my IPAD to be a wifi hotspot?

Many thanks
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,663 / 0
    As far as getting signal goes, it's all dependent on the strength of the signal from your carrier. And, every device is going to process a signal differently, so they are all going to be, well, different.

You can use that iPad3 as a hotspot if you sign up for a hot-spotting feature/plan through your carrier. You'll have to get in touch with your carrier to sign up if you haven't already. It'll be more money per month - but at least you'll have it.

Marilyn