What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G so slow

MollyP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone, both Verizon, and my iPhone 3G works great but my iPad is so ridiculously slow. I want to throw it out the window. Am I doing something wrong?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon's data service is almost twice slower than AT&T's

as most comparisons have shown. However, Verizon's cellular phone service is faster. I guess you can't have it all.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. :( My phone (a Samsung Android) is horrible in 3G too (but my mom's iPhone is great in 3G). I'm glad I didn't spend the extra money to make my iPad 3G... I could barely afford the WiFi anyway, and I'd be super frustrated if it's slow!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not an economical alternative but I have a wifi iPad combined with a 4G/LTE mobile hotspot from Verizon. In 4G coverage areas my download speed sometimes rivals my cable modem at home.

Costs $50 per month and unlike the stop/start plans available for the iPad, it's a two year commitment. But I have to have it anyway for my laptop and I can connect up to five devices simultaneously. Without a 3G iPad I give up GPS but it's a relatively minor inconvenience since I have full GPS and turn by turn voice navigation on my Android smartphone.

ruvil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is weird, are you sure that you have the same APN on both the phone and iPad?

I have read about people that are using the same provider as i do complained about it being slow, but upon a bit of investigation they figured out that they used another APN and when they changed it everything went much faster.

That hasn't been a problem for me though, i get about 6,4 Mbit down and 3 Mbit up.

marylangley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many people are reporting that the iPhone 4.0 OS installed in a 3G or 3GS slows the phone to a crawl. Apple provides no way to easily back out the upgrade, but there is a way. Go to the LifeHacker how-to page to see how they figured out that restoring 3.1.3 was the way to go.I specifically have not upgraded my 3GS for this reason. I recommend anyone else considering that upgrade path think again...

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not with mine

I have 4.21 in my iPhone 3 and 4.35 in my iPhone 4. They are equally speedy using 3G but, of course, not as fast as wifi.

Most reactions

Latest posts