What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G problem

OP
wench

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just reset my network settings, still no 3 g.. Help

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wench said:
Just reset my network settings, still no 3 g.. Help

Hi wench, would you check in Settings and see if 3G is set to on? It might be in General -> Cellular, and say Enable 3G.
A thing to try if it is set to ON would be to turn it off along with turning off Cellular Data. Then turn them back on. If that doesn't help, try turning them off and rebooting the iPad. Then turn on Cellular Data and then Enable 3G.
I'm crossing my fingers.

OP
wench

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see a enable 3G under general. I am currently on golf course without wifi, but my gps seems to work. Still no 3G signal, so this is a tes

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I searched around the Internet and found that the cellular settings are on the main page of settings, not under general.
Double check your account settings. Make sure they are correct with what you know you have set up with the cell company.
One of the things that I have been seeing is people having to call their provider and get some kind of walkthrough. The typical stuff about restart your iPad, turn off wifi, check for connection, turn wifi back on, etc. they might do something on their end with your account and then ask you to Reprovision your account, "Reprovisioning the account can be found SETTINGS>GENERAL>RESET>SUBSCRIBER SERVICES>REPROVISION ACCOUNT". That is the thing that seems to get everything back up and running. I don't know If the cell company has to set something on your account on their end for you to Reprovision the account on your iPad.
I would give them a call and see what they can do.

OP
wench

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And was able to do it on the golf course. Thank you for all your help

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My pleasure to assist. I am so glad that your problem is fixed. :)

I love puzzles and can be quite persistent while trying to figure out what is the problem and find a fix.
I hope the rest of your day is wonderful.
Greg

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love happy endings.....very nice work there Fid!

Wench......GPS on a 3G iPad will work regardless if you have an active sim or not as the GPS chip is built into the iPad. Enjoy!

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
Love happy endings.....very nice work there Fid!

Wench......GPS on a 3G iPad will work regardless if you have an active sim or not as the GPS chip is built into the iPad. Enjoy!

Thank you Leelai. I enjoy being able to help out.

OP
wench

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fid said:
Well I searched around the Internet and found that the cellular settings are on the main page of settings, not under general.
Double check your account settings. Make sure they are correct with what you know you have set up with the cell company.
One of the things that I have been seeing is people having to call their provider and get some kind of walkthrough. The typical stuff about restart your iPad, turn off wifi, check for connection, turn wifi back on, etc. they might do something on their end with your account and then ask you to Reprovision your account, "Reprovisioning the account can be found SETTINGS>GENERAL>RESET>SUBSCRIBER SERVICES>REPROVISION ACCOUNT". That is the thing that seems to get everything back up and running. I don't know If the cell company has to set something on your account on their end for you to Reprovision the account on your iPad.
I would give them a call and see what they can do.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions