What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G Problem - Could not activate data cellular

Zanvetto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.

I have the folowing issue with my iPad and I want to know if there's anything I can do to fix it.

Every time I'm in a bad recepction spot my iPad stops working on 3G. It shows the 3G and provider name but I cannot navigate or get email. I try turning Airplane mode for a couple of minutes and then back of to reset the connections but still nothing.

The only way to get connection is to turn off and then on the iPad and it gets service again.

There is any way to avoid this procedure?

Thank you.

OP
Z

Zanvetto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.

Thank you for your reply.

Tha was my first option but nothing, that's why I tried Airplane mode.

Thank you again.

nextlevelofplay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with the New IPad - seems to be a global problem. Not very well tested :(. I have to assume it was released as a known defect. What is Apple saying about this??

noel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish people would stop replying with turn your cellular data on and off/ turn airplane mode on, it just doesnt work until a software update comes out from apple this problem that most of us have when using 3g will persist, the only tempary way around it i find is to turn your ipad off then let it reboot itself it works fine until the next day when you have to go through the same process.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has released IOS version 5.1.1 which supposedly fixed the 3G connection issues. If you are suffering with this problem (and are not interested in jailbreaking) you should update immediately.

Most reactions

Latest posts