What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G iPad2 bought in USA to use in Europe

mgalrinho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to the United States soon and I would like to by an iPad 2 with 3G. I would like to use it in Europe with a card for the 3G from an European company. Which version, if any, is compatible with this, at&t or verizon? What's the difference between them?

Victguja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad1 bought in US and I am currently using it in Europe with 3G with uSIM from 3Italy and sometimes with a Vodafone uSIM. They are both working very well. The original uSIM was at&t but as far as I know it makes no difference. You can use any uSIM from a company that offers a DATA contract for iPad.

Last edited:

Dubebone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T supports gsm, Verizon does not. (that's why the last models that were available were the verizon models). I got this info in fortune magazine

OP
M

mgalrinho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much, you've been really helpful! :)

astaclub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T is GSM and Verizon is CDMA,
so, if you want to use IPAD2 in EU, take AT&T.

Thread close!d!:)

Most reactions

Latest posts