What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3g instability

cemturc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
even though i have 3g source (but with only 2-3 levels) my ipad2 insists to switch to edge. and i dont know how to push my ipad to use 3g.

only think i can is to reset cellular connection. but in this case just after a couple of minutes it swiches again edge.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad will drop down to Edge if it feels the 3G signal isn't strong enough to pass data at the full rate.. Also, some carriers have Edge only cell towers.. My carrier (Roger's in Canada) did until last spring.. If you're between a 3G tower and an Edge tower, then the iPad could bounce back and forth between them. There's not much you can do about it.. My iPad would swtich between Edge and 3G quite often where I live until all the towers in my area were finally upgraded to 3G/4G.

Most reactions

Latest posts