What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G function not working after jailbreak

uniquexme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got iPhone4 (4.1) n 3G iPad (3.2.2), both jailbroken with limerain. I just cut my normal sim to micro sim, work fine with iPhone but it says no signal when I put the same micro sim to my iPad. The only difference between these 2 is the sim tray, 1 with tab facing left and vice versa. I was wondering if this is cause by jailbreak. Anyone face the similar problem? Help pls, thanks

OP
U

uniquexme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like Google dun hv answers to this as well

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have both devices jail broken and both work fine in 3G with each others sims. But both are original micro-sims.
I know that cutting sims can be very hit and miss, even on different devices where one works and another doesn't. Perhaps check your cutting again?

OP
U

uniquexme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both devices jail broken and both work fine in 3G with each others sims. But both are original micro-sims.
I know that cutting sims can be very hit and miss, even on different devices where one works and another doesn't. Perhaps check your cutting again?

i double check by using my friend iphone4 sim, also the same case.

if i were to restore to 3.2.2 and then jailbreak it again, do u think it helps? for this process do i need to load tiny umbrella for 3.2.2 SHSH? thanks. maybe i should try to restore to 3.2.2, and check on 3G signal and youtube then JB again...

OP
U

uniquexme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just restore to 3.2.2 using option+restore. indeed 3G problem lies with Jailbreak. now i got cellular data. oh SHSH is not required for this restore. i m now saving the SHSH.

and i m gonna JB it, maybe with limerain again to see if my cellular data is there.

OP
U

uniquexme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
finally my 3G connection and youtube is back. so in conclusion, for 3G ipad user, pls be reminded to put in the sim card and activate with itune before u jailbreak. If not u will end up like me having to do it all over again.

anyway thanks for helping. admin, this thread can be closed.

Most reactions

Latest posts