What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G connection problems

simoncoulthurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems retaining reliable connection over 3G on the new iPad (generation 3)?

My last iPad was WiFi only, this time I went for the 'full monty' 64GB WiFi + 4G (yes I know we only have 3G in UK) and ordered an iPad microSim from Three. I noticed after a few days that I was not getting a 3G connection, despite it showing the Three signal was four or five bars. After resetting my iPad (holding down power and home button together, then swiping to power down) I then got a connection. Next day it was not working again, another reset. Tried Three customer services, but they were hopeless. In the end sent it back and purchased an Orange microSim iPad plan. Same problems!

This time Orange customer services were much more helpful. We tried all sorts of things, including a full wipe and reinstall of the iPad, still not reliable. Contacted Apple, who again tried many things, no joy, so they arranged a replacements. Not ideal as mine was a personalised one.

Replacement iPad has the same issue. Searching the Internet it appears many are having similar problems, which Apple support acknowledged. It has now been escalated to the technical department in the USA. Waiting for a response from them.

Anyone else had a problem?

noel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a common problem that most users are having, we are still waiting for apple to sort it.

OP
S

simoncoulthurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a reply from Apple US. They have accepted there is an issue and they are working on a fix.

Most reactions

Latest posts