What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3g connection problem

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I activated Verizon 3g on Friday because I was taking a road trip on Saturday. While on the road I tried to connect but I couldn't get a connection. I had plenty of bars indicating service and it appeared that all my settings were right. I have used the 3g before with no problems. Anyone else have this problem? Do I Need to call Verizon or Apple?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought - probably not correct but just checking...the iPad will always connect to WiFi if it sees a network *even if that WiFi is not connected to the Internet*. You don't also see the WiFi signal fan on your iPad's menu bar, do you?

Tim

OP
M

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Tim! I ended up calling Verizon. They had me go to settings, general, reset, subscriber services and then click reprovision account. She waited until she could see something on her end then had me click on Reset Network settings and it worked. Go figure! I will keep her instructions handy in case it happens again.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know...sounds like those cellular gremlins at work again....

Good to hear you got it working OK.

Have a great day..

Tim

Most reactions