What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3g connection from one ipad to anothet

Lehenta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have n iPad 2 with 3G connection Internet and just bought another one for the kids can I use my iPad connection for the kids iPad to download and how ?? Plse help :)

Thanks

OP
L

Lehenta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank u Admiral I fout someone said u can may it's only for wifi not 3G ? Do u know if it's safe to JB for Cythia ?

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy a small standard alone 3G router and use the current SIM card it to to share the connection between both iPads.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP, if you're just wanting to share your 3G SIM between two iPads from time to time, check with your carrier if that's OK. I have AT&T and checked and they said it was fine to swap between my iPads. I just use one iPad at a time on 3G, but I had them note that I checked on my account, because carriers have the right to cancel your service if they think there's any funny business going on. For me, that would mean risking my unlimited plan.

Some carriers allow tethering your 3G from a smart phone to an iPad, but some charge and some don't. If they find out you've been tethering against terms of contract, they can cut you off, too. The contract terms are weighted in their favor, so all they basically need to see is a spike in data use.

Sharing 3G to download might not work in cases if content is over 20MBs anyway. For that you'll need wifi.

You also could look into getting a personal hotspot, but that's not necessarily worth it unless you plan to be in proximity all the time, because the hotspot has to be nearby.

OP
L

Lehenta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank u all for the feedback will pay a visit tomorrow with our carrier :)

Most reactions

Latest posts