360 hours and counting

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by priceless29, Oct 5, 2010.

1. priceless29

priceless29
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hello to all. I am a soon to be Ipad noob owner and even though my birthday gift arrived today I have 360 hours before it will be mine. My daughter has it in her closet and she growls at me if I even pass by her door. LOL.

I would welcome any advice and suggestions and most specifically would love any feedback on what type of learning curve I need to prepare myself for coming from the world of windows.

I am a web surfer, sometimes online shopper, Netflix lover. I do look at Facebook but am not really into updating every moment of my life on it.

I believe I am getting the Apple case and camera connector with my Ipad. Are there any other must have items that I should maybe put on my X-mas list.

2. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Welcome!! Read around this site. Great learning tool ~ then ask questions. You might want to think about a case for protection.

3. priceless29

priceless29
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I believe I am getting the stock case with it. Do you have any recommendations on a better case?

4. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    No...I really am not the best person to ask about anything. Although, in my defense, I did actually help TWO people since joining this site.:D

I have a pink leather case that is very soft and I can use it as a stand too.

5. priceless29

priceless29
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Ooohhh tell me where you got that at please. I lubs pink. My laptop is a pink Sony Vaio and I even have a matching pink cooling fan and carry bag too.:eek:

6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I can't recall where I got it, but I think it was Amazon. It came with a very cool sticker set too, which I never used. $26.00.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the forum priceless29!

And Marie, we're officially counting this as the THIRD person you have helped!

Is this the one?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Professional-Leather-Organizer-Apple/dp/B003OFJSNS/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1286345623&sr=8-21[/ame]

#7 iPadCharlie, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  8. Wakawaka

Wakawaka
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Two weeks? Long time. So worth it. Don't buy apple case.. Search for a nice case an buy so you'll have it before you unwrap the pad

9. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Don't underestimate the Apple case it's actually is very good despite it's drab look.
    That rubberized surface makes it very easy to grip without fear of dropping.

10. Wakawaka

Wakawaka
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    It is..but the rubber likes to grab too much. Makes it look dirty. Also a pita to install or remove the pad. At home I like it naked. And for $40 you can spend your money better.. I think 18.99 would be a good price