What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

32gb wifi OR 16gb 4G?

Paul.J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many gb do you actually get on either the 16 or 32 wifi version is it the same as iPad 2

OP
W

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paul.J said:
How many gb do you actually get on either the 16 or 32 wifi version is it the same as iPad 2

What? Um, if I get the 16gb version of new iPad, it's the same amount of space as 16 in anything else with 16gb in the world. Why would the space change, that's like asking if my dollar bill is the same as my four quarters.

If you just mean starting out gbs, like I know my iPad one started out with maybe a little over fourteen gbs, then I can't answer but probably the same.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thankfully Apple changed its return policy on engraved iPads. I bought the 16 gig 4G but noticed on my 1st gen iPad it freezes up a lot. When I looked in settings it seems that's a result of low memory. When my new iPad arrives tomorrow, I will be returning it for a 32gig 4 G.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had no problems returning a personalized 16 G iPad for the 32G. Apple does it right. It's amazing, I was there 10 minutes before it opened and there was at least 50 people waiting to get it. The Apple store at the Galleria in Ft Lauderdale is constantly packed everyday. Every time I've been to the mall at opening, there is always a group waiting to get in.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I or a 64GB Black Wifi only, I would rather have the extra space then to run out. Games are almost hittin the 2GB mark, modern combat 3 is 1.8 GB 0_O an that's just one App, then I have iMovie, and around 1.2k photos.... Soo yeah 64GB is perfect :)

I didn't get the 4g because I didn't really need it, and if I really really need it I could use my iPhone to tether :)

Go big or go Home :)

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wingless said:
Let me say this, I won't have any pictures really or songs or movies, just apps pretty much, what would you do?

Apps are getting pretty big, for you I would go with 32 at least.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd get the 32gb wifi. If you have an iPhone 4 or 4s you can tether from that when out.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
armoredsaint said:
32G with 4G - better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
:thumbs:
A few movies/shows will fill it up quick.

I am in this camp. I didn't think I needed 3g on my first gen but I got it anyway. After the tornado hit the house I was so happy I had it. I don't own an Iphone though. I did have one of those mini hot spots but it took forever to connect and saving battery life was the bigger priority. I also like knowing I can remote wipe it.

When buying technology I think spending a little more can actually save money in the long run because you won't have to replace it as fast and it maintains a higher resale value.

If it has to be one or the other though get the 32.

Most reactions

Latest posts