32gb wifi OR 16gb 4G?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Wingless, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Wingless

Wingless iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    What would you prefer? I know a lot has to do with what people do, but I don't want to spend more tab I need to for a 32gb 4G, so it's pretty much space over internet everywhere option. There are times where I'd love to have internet (on my iPad 1) at work waiting for next shift, or the feeling of knowing it's there when I'm about, but of course I have my lovely Droid razr if need be.

I have ran my iPad 1 16gb full lmao, but on the other side it was ALL from apps, no music or pictures or videos, so if you run 16gb with just apps it was pretty easy to get rid of a lot also and now I'm fine again.

Also I don't want to tether, I like to not run my phones battery when I'm out, and I have wifi when I'm in anyways.

Other hand it's like 130 dollars more, plus like 30 more a month on top. This is a tough decision.

What would you do?
  2. Wakeupdead87

Wakeupdead87 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    32gb over 4g in my opinion. Apps are getting bigger that's a fact. Some games are already over 1gb.
  3. Tim84

Tim84 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    32GB over 4G for me too - would much rather have the space for films, music, Apps etc. than 4G, especially as I can tether to my iPhone if I really need Internet on the go
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wingless

Wingless iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yea but I don't want to root my Droid again so no tethering for me just yet lol
  5. lique831

lique831 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would pick 32GB over 4G.
  6. Tim84

Tim84 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Think I'd still go 32GB over 4G even if I couldn't tether! I like space as I watch a lot of films on iPad
  7. armoredsaint

armoredsaint iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    32G with 4G - better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
    :thumbs:
    A few movies/shows will fill it up quick.
  8. xGary

xGary iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Except that idea also applies to money.
  9. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    this all depends an how you will use the iPad. The upgrade to 4G model is well worth the extra price not only for having the option of having connected internet anywhere you go, but also for the very accurate built in GPS.

When I got the first iPad I got a 32GB model yet I only really used about 12GB. Not just because thats all that I had to load onto my iPad but because I had a ton of pictures, music, videos, and I had to decide on what I really wanted to have with me where ever I go. I have Terabytes of media but I don't really need to have it all with me where ever I go. I load up the playlist of current music I'm listening to, Load a few movies or podcasts that I haven't watched yet and my photo's.

Yes with the better screen apps that are optimized for the new screen may increase in size somewhat but at the same time things in iCloud are coming along to offload a lot of space from your device. Your pictures show up in your photo stream from iCloud and now all of your music can be played directly from iCloud over the internet with iTunes Match. So if you pay the $25 per year for iTunes Match, you not only get the music quality upgrade (if you ripped your music with lower bit-rates) but you also have the option of freeing however many gigabytes of music you own off of your iPad.
  10. Zergslayer69

Zergslayer69 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I also go for the 32 over 4g. Why pay more for something that doesn't work until you pay EVEN more for it? I have an iPhone to tether anyways.
  11. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    Neither

I bought the 64 gig 4G/WiFi. If 128 gig had been available, I would have ordered that. I use the space. And I use a 500 gig wifi external drive as well.
  12. jwt873

jwt873 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    I have a 32Gig 3G iPad.. The 3G is important to me because I like to be able to browse whenever I want, wherever I may be. I'm not a fan of sniffing around for WiFi hot spots whenever I'm away from home. -- My employer requires that I use a Blackberry which doesn't allow tethering so I can't do that.. (But it's not all that bad because they pay all the costs so I have no monthly cell phone bills :). All I pay for is the iPad 3G plan. (About $25 a month). 4G/LTE will be sweet.

Also.. The 3G/4G models have a GPS receiver built in.. (The WiFi only ones don't) .. I frequently use my iPad as a GPS unit when I'm going somewhere I'm not familiar with.

As far as memory.. I have a 32 Gig iPad 1 right now. After two years of owning it, I still have 20 Gigs free... I'm not a big downloader. My next iPad will have 4G and 16 Gigs of memory.
  13. tlbaker

tlbaker iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    Question for you: if you were allowed to tether with company BB wouldn't they have access to your personal iPad information via the tethering or if you used their wifi? Me, personally,I
    Always use my 3G data while at work as I am too paranoid.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net
  14. lique831

lique831 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From the Techcrunch review: "
    On the iPad I’m testing out, I have three pages of apps, a few hundred photos, one HD movie, and one music album. It’s really not that much stuff, but it takes up over 20 GB of storage. The apps alone are over 10 GB of that."
    The New iPad Makes Apple
  15. Wingless

Wingless iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Let me say this, I won't have any pictures really or songs or movies, just apps pretty much, what would you do?
  16. Paul.J

Paul.J iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How many gb do you actually get on either the 16 or 32 wifi version is it the same as iPad 2
  17. Wingless

Wingless iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    What? Um, if I get the 16gb version of new iPad, it's the same amount of space as 16 in anything else with 16gb in the world. Why would the space change, that's like asking if my dollar bill is the same as my four quarters.

If you just mean starting out gbs, like I know my iPad one started out with maybe a little over fourteen gbs, then I can't answer but probably the same.
  18. johnml

johnml iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thankfully Apple changed its return policy on engraved iPads. I bought the 16 gig 4G but noticed on my 1st gen iPad it freezes up a lot. When I looked in settings it seems that's a result of low memory. When my new iPad arrives tomorrow, I will be returning it for a 32gig 4 G.
  19. johnml

johnml iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Had no problems returning a personalized 16 G iPad for the 32G. Apple does it right. It's amazing, I was there 10 minutes before it opened and there was at least 50 people waiting to get it. The Apple store at the Galleria in Ft Lauderdale is constantly packed everyday. Every time I've been to the mall at opening, there is always a group waiting to get in.
  20. Daylife

Daylife iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I or a 64GB Black Wifi only, I would rather have the extra space then to run out. Games are almost hittin the 2GB mark, modern combat 3 is 1.8 GB 0_O an that's just one App, then I have iMovie, and around 1.2k photos.... Soo yeah 64GB is perfect :)

I didn't get the 4g because I didn't really need it, and if I really really need it I could use my iPhone to tether :)

Go big or go Home :)