What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

320GB Hyperdrive for iPad, $200

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
epb: Can you tell us the name of that gadget (or provide a link)?

I've been looking at getting an NAS. This might work...

Marilyn

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using a Western Digital MyBook World for some time now and it shows up in iTunes, right next to the iPad. I've written several times about it through these pages and I invite you to look it up. Not to forget, FileBrowser is a must if you go that way...

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
epb: Can you tell us the name of that gadget (or provide a link)?

I've been looking at getting an NAS. This might work...

Marilyn

Sure, it's the Cirago NUS1000, see here: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Cirago-NUS1000-Network-Storage-Link/dp/B0037NYKW6]Amazon.com: Cirago NUS1000 Network USB Storage Link: Electronics[/ame]

The upside, IMO, is it let's you use drives you already have and add/remove drives as you choose. The only downside I've seen is the drives have to be formatted as FAT32to be read/write; my NTFS was read-only until I re-did it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, epb. Added it to my pile of "things to look at or ponder on."

@iVan: That NAS you talk about is already on that pile I just mentioned - because I've heard you talk about it before. Thanks for the reminder to bookmark it here on the iPad (to go with the one on my PC)...

Marilyn

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to ask a quick and maybe stupid question. Does this thing only work for 32 gb and up or is it compatible with my 16 gb??

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd like to ask a quick and maybe stupid question. Does this thing only work for 32 gb and up or is it compatible with my 16 gb??

It will work with any capacity iPad. The 32GB limit referred to is the virtual drives it creates, as the iPad can't see an external drive larger than 32 gigs.

iChuckNorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The HyperDrive doesn't come with the traditional AC adapter but instead a USB-to-DC cable and the user-replaceable battery will allow up to 40GB of transfers on a single charge.

I wonder what that translates into in the real world... aka, if I'm on a 12hr flight how many movies can I watch before the drive or the iPad battery dies? I love the idea of this thing.

Ipso1317

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys I am new to this but it sounds confusing. This 329gb hyperdrive! Can I use it as an external hardrive on my pc, and as long as the files on my pc are mp4 or aac I should be able to see them and utlize them on my iPad2? Am I on the right track cause I'm going to order it as soon as I know I'm not spending money to be able to transfer pics. I would love to hold my music and movies ad well.

Most reactions

Latest posts