What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$300 ipad 1 @ Verizon vs ipad 2 for $500

jake1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really liking iMovie. That's a lot of fun to use. I imagine gaming apps are going to start coming out soon too that really take advantage of the added processing power, too. If that and the camera don't matter much to you, might as well get the 300 dollar iPad.

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too saw this deal at VZW store. If they had a 16GB still, it would've been a no brainer. However at $399 for 32GB the price is only $100 from a 16GB iPad 2. For me extra 16GB+$100 is not worth trading for a dual core processor+more RAM+faster graphics. 16GB is also plenty for me since I only intend to keep rental (self deleting) movies on the device for long flights.

scottcocoabeach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ended up just moving up to the iPad 2. After I saw how good these things are I decided to go with the best. Went 64 gig with ATT 3G although I will only activate if I need it but I wanted the GPS chip.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this is your first iPad then the original will be fine. Just stay away from using an iPad 2 with any of the new graphics hungry apps.

I had the original for almost a year and loved it. Now that I have the iPad2 the experience is so much better I could never go back. But for running iPad1 apps the original definitely gets the job done.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As some of you know . I had the 16 gig white Verizon ipad 2 last week but sold it as I really just need wifi only and wanted to make a quick buck. In my time with the ipad 2. I noticed some speed improve over my old ipad 1(sold early this year) but nothing amazingly fast.Out of all 60+ apps I had none of them were graphic hungry except imovie.Browser speed were alittle(i do mean alittle) snappier. After all the hype about cameras. I realized I don't have any friends. WTF do I need facetime for lol.The weight reduction is somewhat noticeable but if you plan to slap this thing in an otter box. Your back to square one plus some.I opted to go on the hunt for a 16 gig wifi only ipad 2 but with the announcement of Verizon selling the originals for an extra hundred dollars off the already discounted prices. Its becoming real tempting to go back to the ipad 1 and wait for the ipad 3. I plan on getting the iphone 5 this summer .Which is where the $200 I save from buying the ipad 1 would go its a win/win situation. I have until tomorrow afternoon to decide. Help me

He who hesitates is lost. Make up your mind ... then move ... if you delay you lose ... if you haven't already. Those supplies are going fast. They are gone when gone. Then you'll have to find someone with an ipad that will sell it for the price you want. Duh. Get real

Most reactions

Latest posts