What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30 pin to hdmi problems.

snakebitex10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi is anyone having problems with their Hdmi connecter since the latest updates.
I have tried playing in full screen before connecting with no luck.
My connecter is a third party one.

I get a message "this accessory is not supported by this ipad."
Thanking you all in advance.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi is anyone having problems with their Hdmi connecter since the latest updates.
I have tried playing in full screen before connecting with no luck.
My connecter is a third party one.

I get a message "this accessory is not supported by this ipad."

Hello - please provide some more information: 1) You have an older iPad (i.e. 30 pin mentioned) - which model; 2) Are you talking about the iOS 8.x upgrade; 3) What 3rd party adapter do you use; and 4) Did the adapter work w/ you older iOS install? Dave :)

OP
snakebitex10

snakebitex10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
I have an iPad 2
The hdmi connecter is the type that allows the iPad to be charged and output video and audio signal
I purchased this off eBay a few weeks ago. Brand unknown.
Since the latest updates the ipad shows the error "this accessory is not supported by this ipad"
I have read on the apple forum that this seems to be widespread since the updates,even with the genuine ones.
Just wondering if anyone here has found a workaround this error

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi all
I have an iPad 2
The hdmi connecter is the type that allows the iPad to be charged and output video and audio signal
I purchased this off eBay a few weeks ago. Brand unknown.
Since the latest updates the ipad shows the error "this accessory is not supported by this ipad"
I have read on the apple forum that this seems to be widespread since the updates,even with the genuine ones.
Just wondering if anyone here has found a workaround this error

Hi again - I also have an iPad 2 upgraded to iOS 8.0.2; have owned the Apple HDMI 30-pin connector for nearly 3 years - worked fine w/ previous iOS versions - just gave it a try attached to my HDTV - the 'Home Screen' came through fine, so my adapter seems to work w/ the new operating system. If not already done, 'Reset' the iPad - probably won't help but not much else to try except another one? Sorry - Dave :)

OP
snakebitex10

snakebitex10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your support Dave. I will give that a go when I get a chance

OP
snakebitex10

snakebitex10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried the reset
Firstly the home screen was showing on the TV but blinking.
Then the error returned. Looks like this accessory is going to be redundant since this last update.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tried the reset
Firstly the home screen was showing on the TV but blinking.
Then the error returned. Looks like this accessory is going to be redundant since this last update.

Sorry for your continued issue w/ your HDMI adapter - of course, you could purchase an Apple one and hope for the best - another option would be to obtain an Apple TV and use AirPlay to mirror your iPad - this will open up numerous possibilites and I'm not sure what media you are trying to play on your HDTV? I owned a Roku device for 'streaming' to the HDTV over my Wi-Fi network, so cannot comment much on the Apple TV. Good luck - Dave :)

Milli3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have the same problem with the adapter showing the following message on my iPad
4 WiFi IOS 8.2

Accessory
Downloading accessory firmware. Your accessory will not function until the download completes.
OK

The weird thing is the adapter works fine on an iPad Mini and iPhone 5. Same IOS.

Does this help at all? Any more ideas?

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was under the impression that Apple added code somewhere back around IOS 7xx that validates some of the accessories and cables to reduce the quantity of bootlegged items. For example I use a desktop charging station that handles up to three iPhones and a USB port at the same time.

Right after one of the 7X updates my iPhone started throwing "This accessory not supported" error message when plugging it into the charger. My iPad then followed with throwing an error when plugged to the USB port. Plugging and re-plugging both bypasses the error message the second time.

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with the Apple adapter on an iP2. I got it to work by unplugging it and plugging it back in. I can't remember if I had to plug it in to the iP2 or the TV first, try both ways.

Most reactions