What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 vs 2, what say you?

shae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
potsville.wordpress.com
I there...those of you who have used the iPad 2 and the iPad 3, can you share your thoughts on how significant the improvement is?
Particularly with speed, responsiveness to a stylus, and if you sketch/draw/paint, what do you think? Is the 3 a vast improvement?
Appreciate the input!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Vast improvement? Vast?

I think you will need to decide that for yourself.
I'm playing with Sketch Club right now...not an artist as you are...but it does let you work on three resolutions. 1024x768, 1536x1152, and 2048x1536. It seems to be working pretty good at all resolutions. So I'm not sure you should expect it to be greatly faster.....because the iPad 2 was already fast. But this lets you work at two higher resolutions and get something done. I think you need to decide this for yourself. You get 14 days to decide if you want to keep it or not.

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, not an artist, but here's my opinion. The LTE capability is a 'vast' improvement over 3G. The display is breathtaking but the 2 is pretty darn good IMHO. The camera is now usable indoors, but that was never very important to me. I'm not taking advantage of the dictation, simply because I keep forgetting it's there. And there are times (crowds, background noises, etc.) when it's not feasible to use.

I'm not noticing any difference in apps, as far as speed. But I never had a problem with the 2 either.

The main reason I purchased the New was for the 4G (Verizon), and I'm not disappointed.

Konoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobiledevice.blog.com
In fact, the processor on new ipad is A5X, just the GPU function has got improved from iPad 2's A5. So there's no obvious difference on the apps running speed between iPad 2 and the New iPad.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own both the iPad 2 and iPad 3. I spend most of my time on the 3 these days. The 2 sure seems boring when I make the switch from time to time. Don't get me wrong, the 2 is a great device. The 3 is a much better device. I am addicted to the retina display. :)

marvso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ditto. I have the iPad 2 and iPad 3. After using the iPad 3 it's difficult for me to use the only because of the screen resolution. In terms of speed there isn't a big difference.

Most reactions

Latest posts