What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 things that bug me about the iPad

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have the new Pad (noticed in iPad 2) -
1. I am not seeing a way to back space. This would be handy when typing and say auto correct inserts a word that
is not quite right and find it difficult to go a few characters back to fix. The finger tap is not always 100% effective.

2. When in Safari (or any other browser) and I am scrolling & scrolling and now want to go back to the top, End up
using the bar on the right of the screen to move up. A one quick jump to the top would be nicer.

3. No refresh or home button in Safari.

If there are fixes / tricks to the above plz let me know.

Otherwise hoping these will be addresses in the next version of the OS.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have the new Pad (noticed in iPad 2) -
1. I am not seeing a way to back space. This would be handy when typing and say auto correct inserts a word that
is not quite right and find it difficult to go a few characters back to fix. The finger tap is not always 100% effective.

Yes, there is no backspace key. However, if you press and hold your finger on the screen, a small magnifying glass will appear that will aid you in putting the cursor exactly where you want it. I find it surprisingly accurate, though you may have to practice to get used to it.

2. When in Safari (or any other browser) and I am scrolling & scrolling and now want to go back to the top, End up using the bar on the right of the screen to move up. A one quick jump to the top would be nicer.

If you tap the top of the iPad screen, on the status bar (where the time shows), you will be transported to the top of the display. This works in web browsing, books, notes, etc.

3. No refresh or home button in Safari.

If there are fixes / tricks to the above plz let me know.

Otherwise hoping these will be addresses in the next version of the OS.

There is a refresh option in Safari. Look at the very right of the URL address bar. You will see a counter-clockwise circled arrow. If you press that, the web page will refresh.

No, there is no home button, so that one I can't help with. However, you could use a bookmark on the toolbar line to be a home button, as pressing it will take you to the link.

Hope some of this clarifies.

Marilyn

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
For 2) just tap the time/clock and that will jump to the top.

For 3) there is a refresh button at the end of the address bar.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had my ipad a while and i didnt know the tip about tapping the time to return to the top,great.

OP
S

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet times two.
So glad I wrote - was hoping there were at least one trick to learn - thanks !
( so far not getting the magnifying glass )

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet times two.
I got that,its very handy.

cbreze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brand new here and to my iPad. Just wanted to say, what a handy, informative thread this was. Thanks OP for posting.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet times two.

Press and hold on a word, should see the magnifying glass pop up. Maybe this video will help:

Marilyn

Last edited by a moderator:

skarpsill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to do a lot of writing on your iPad, you may want to consider an app like iA Writer, which gives you backspace and a lot of other useful stuff on its keyboard.

Most reactions

Latest posts