What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 Italia area clienti

Kappi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, 1st thread,
glad i found this place .
Talking about italy,italia
Maybe someone can help me out on this..
I purchased a 3 USIM for my ipad (€20, 5 months, 3GB per)
and it runs quite well.
But to monitor my usage and account i want to login on the tre.it site where its called
''area clienti''

to register you type your number and PIN, but then they send you an sms with login/password which i can't receive on the ipad.
Now comes the point, to send them an email about it you have to be registered with them and login. Thats a perfect Devils circle.The send you always around on the site,i could pull my hair off...
I tried to send them a FAX 2 times, but there seems to be no machine responding. Does anybody know a valid email-adress?

btw. the page with the 3 coverage is under ''copertura e Negozzi'', i seen in an other thread that some folks were wondering about it...

Kappi
Germany

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I see your problem and the difficulty of receiving an SMS on the iPad. We have the same problem in the UK with Orange - who insist on sending passwords via an SMS to the number in question. In the end, users were able to convince them that they should send either an email with the password or reveal it over the phone. They clearly don't know that an iPad can't receive a text message!!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
K

Kappi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello again,
yeah the thing is, while its so easy to purchase the card with them ,(only passport,no creditcard etc.), the guy didn't even filed my email-adress, so now that i can't get thru to them, how am i gonna communicate with them ever ?, FAX didn't work so far and the the only other option they give, is via mail, i mean REAL mail (with that paper thingy, stamps and so on). Thats hilarious..!
+ i just found out their service numbers work only in italy, so
i have to get into it next time i'm there (in 2 days)
i'll report

btw
again
good place here

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello again,
yeah the thing is, while its so easy to purchase the card with them ,(only passport,no creditcard etc.), the guy didn't even filed my email-adress, so now that i can't get thru to them, how am i gonna communicate with them ever ?, FAX didn't work so far and the the only other option they give, is via mail, i mean REAL mail (with that paper thingy, stamps and so on). Thats hilarious..!
+ i just found out their service numbers work only in italy, so
i have to get into it next time i'm there (in 2 days)
i'll report

btw
again
good place here

Let us know how you get on; we've several members intent on buying PAYG SIM cards in Italy, so your experience would be a great help.

Good Luck.

Tim

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm particularly interested as im going to Italy in September for 2 weeks and I would like to buy payg data sims for my iPad!

OP
K

Kappi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok,
I am now in the middle of the Chianti,Toskana in a very remote place somewhere in the woods.
I have 5 bars of 3G. :)
During the ride down from Brenner to Florence i had coverage most of the time.
Here in the hills its obvious that it can't be 100% everywhere, but i'm pretty impressed,
keep in mind, italians are mobilecrazy and you see lots of iphones.!
Short summary.
I purchased a 3G Usim for iPad with tre.it or TRE in a store in Bozen april 2nd, (tip from a guy in an appleshop in Bozen) was activated next day.
They want your passport, no creditcard,you can pay cash so they don't get a hold to your bank.
Used it for one week in Veneto, was covered nearly everywhere.you can check coverage on their site tre.it its called copertura,there you can also check the stores available.
Its a rechargebale microsim (Usim)
They offer the following:
Its called Superweb for iPad.
3GB per 30 days for 5euro ,
I had to pay 20 euros ,thats the minimum.
The first 30 days are free, so i got 5 Month for 20 euro, that is the deal, you can't get just 30days for 5euro.
If you win the lottery and choose to stay here longer you can buy recharge cards in every bigger supermarket.(5,10,20euros)
It automatically renews as long as there is money in the account, which happend 2 days ago first time for me,so it works.
After 3GB they slow you down to gprs(haven't had the experience so far), i also haven't found out if there is a day limit of 100 MB or so, i do don't see any so far.
I also found out that you shouldn!t try their webpage (tre.it) first, instead you go to the mobile version,
which is htpp://portale3.tre.it/Superinternet it recognises your card and info.( i just found out because they send messages to the ipad screen,( should be always a good idea to keep them via screenshot)
There it is possible to view your details, usage so far and send them messages.(only here in italy)
Also there you enter your email adress so they might communicate with you, because the goal is to get a password without using sms,which i obviously don't have on the ipad.
Its all in italian, but you can cut and paste with the iTranslate app.
I send them the following this morning:( best i could put together,natives please chime in)

Ciao,
Ho un 3 MicroSim comprato per mio iPad. Il numero è (my number)
E il pin è (pin)
Ho bisogno di una password per l'area Cliente. Non riesco a ricevere SMS.

Molte grazie per il vostro aiuto

My name and emailadress

Now i wait for reply, but i think i am fine for now.
I am here:
(see picture, expl. the upper left corner)

Attachments

• image-3670568686.png
    image-3670568686.png
    902.2 KB · Views: 371
  • image-63363753.png
    image-63363753.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 372

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ciao my Italian friend. I love Italy and have been learning Italian for 3 years now. Have been to Italy many times...I wish I was Italian. Love Rome (The Hilton Cavalieri is amazing). Got married in Anacapri at the Capri Palace Hotel. Loved Verona and Lake Gada. Stayed in Sirmione (Villa Cortine Palace). Planning summer holiday in Sicily.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kappi said:
Ok,
I am now in the middle of the Chianti,Toskana in a very remote place somewhere in the woods.
I have 5 bars of 3G. :)
During the ride down from Brenner to Florence i had coverage most of the time.
Here in the hills its obvious that it can't be 100% everywhere, but i'm pretty impressed,
keep in mind, italians are mobilecrazy and you see lots of iphones.!
Short summary.
I purchased a 3G Usim for iPad with tre.it or TRE in a store in Bozen april 2nd, (tip from a guy in an appleshop in Bozen) was activated next day.
They want your passport, no creditcard,you can pay cash so they don't get a hold to your bank.
Used it for one week in Veneto, was covered nearly everywhere.you can check coverage on their site tre.it its called copertura,there you can also check the stores available.
Its a rechargebale microsim (Usim)
They offer the following:
Its called Superweb for iPad.
3GB per 30 days for 5euro ,
I had to pay 20 euros ,thats the minimum.
The first 30 days are free, so i got 5 Month for 20 euro, that is the deal, you can't get just 30days for 5euro.
If you win the lottery and choose to stay here longer you can buy recharge cards in every bigger supermarket.(5,10,20euros)
It automatically renews as long as there is money in the account, which happend 2 days ago first time for me,so it works.
After 3GB they slow you down to gprs(haven't had the experience so far), i also haven't found out if there is a day limit of 100 MB or so, i do don't see any so far.
I also found out that you shouldn!t try their webpage (tre.it) first, instead you go to the mobile version,
which is htpp://portale3.tre.it/Superinternet it recognises your card and info.( i just found out because they send messages to the ipad screen,( should be always a good idea to keep them via screenshot)
There it is possible to view your details, usage so far and send them messages.(only here in italy)
Also there you enter your email adress so they might communicate with you, because the goal is to get a password without using sms,which i obviously don't have on the ipad.
Its all in italian, but you can cut and paste with the iTranslate app.
I send them the following this morning:( best i could put together,natives please chime in)

Ciao,
Ho un 3 MicroSim comprato per mio iPad. Il numero è (my number)
E il pin è (pin)
Ho bisogno di una password per l'area Cliente. Non riesco a ricevere SMS.

Molte grazie per il vostro aiuto

My name and emailadress

Now i wait for reply, but i think i am fine for now.
I am here:
(see picture, expl. the upper left corner)

Ah cool thanks for that! So to recap I just pay 20 euros and I get access for 5 months? But when I leave (after 2 weeks) that's it? No more payments?

OP
K

Kappi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or maybe not, because its personalized, just don't give it to someone unknown...

Most reactions

Latest posts