What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-in-1 camera connection kit

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw it too...looks cool but for $30 I think I will just stick with the apple one. Will be interesting to see if the build quality is par with the apple one.

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the apple one but this is kinda nice because 1) it's all in one 2) it has a slot for micro sd cards 3) the price. 4) color option. I have had a lot of people ask me if I could use the apple conn. kit with the micro card and now I can tell folks about this one. thanks for posting. yet another reason I love this forum and I tell all my iPad owner friends to check this site out.

photocat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ONe of the slots looks like it might hold a compact flash card, is that true or just wishful thinking on my part?

If so, it would certainly element other things; i.e. powered hub, card reader.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not a CF slot... it's SD and Micro SD slots.

You can either see the logos, or just look at the USB connector to tell the size of the slots.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed. Not a CF slot....why would you use those outdated things? LOL!!!!

Wonder how well that would work now that Apple neutered the power output to these kits.

curtner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 2-to-1 version and it doesn't work with an unJB iPad. I bought the real Apple two pieces eventually and they work fine.

I'd stay away from the 2-to-1 and 3-to-1 kits unless you plan on using them with jailbreak iPads.

photocat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was afraid that wasn't a CF port, but it doesn't hurt to ask

And, why would i be interested, my d700 uses that size card as does other cameras

ThreeWulfMoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took a long shot and ordered one of these kits. It finally arrived yesterday. It seems to work just fine, but I need more time to check it out more extensively. I'm just glad that it doesn't require jail breaking to work

ThreeWulfMoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Vikki:

I think I ordered mine on 12-28 while they were still out of stock. Once it shipped, it got here (to Kentucky) in five days or so.

#electronicsky

Is there any particular issues that I should be looking out for with this? I haven't had time to mess with it since the first night it came in, but it looks like that it is very particular about the names of the folders where the pictures are stored (which is actually an iOs issue more so than hardware). Apple needs to open up the file system, but I can see why they won't. They want the iPad to be as functional as possible without threatening to cannabilize its laptop sales. Having a locked down file system is no doubt part of that strategy.

Guill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who wants to give me an answer on a very simple question:
Why the I pad2 SD piece of accesoire dont recognize my SD Cards. Somebody on the forum can help??? Its the first time since Ive got my Ipad2 I;ve tried the kit withe the sd connection piece . Please help, I did not see an answer on this part of rhe forum. Thanks.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is an improvement on the Apple CC kit in that there is one device in place of two. I would still much prefer an SD card slot built into the iPad. I worry about physical damage with a largish device protruding from the iPad and it is easy to loose/forget the CCK.

I still think that a wireless device would be better. It would have an SD card slot and either a USB (host) port or built in HDD (or 2.5" drive bay) and a companion App to copy files locally (i.e. not over WiFi). The app would also include a photo viewer. This would cost more than the CCK but would be much more useful.

Such a device would almost certainly be Linux based. I have achieved something like this with a DreamPlug computer, iSSH, Perl script and FileBrowser, but it is a techie solution.

Most reactions

Latest posts