1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

2photo questions

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by frenchman96, Sep 2, 2012.

1. frenchman96

frenchman96 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1) the odd time I send a photo as email, sometimes the photo does not arrive.

2) I only know one way to send a photo, and that is to press on the arrow, and choose the option to send email, is that the right way, and only way, as I don't know if the iPad has an option to attach.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    Sorry, but I can't replicate the first line. When I send photos, they arrive (well, that I know of :)). Have you tried a different e-mail or a different photo? And, maybe ask the person to check their settings? Oftentimes, if a photo is too big, it might get rejected by the person's ISP. Or, maybe it's "stuck" in a spam folder somewhere. Just guessing, here. Hopefully, someone else will be along who can address this...

But, I can tell you that you are correct on the second question. The stock iPad does not have an option to attach. So, you've got to do what you said: be in an app and choose an option to send an attachment from within that app. The iPad has been designed that way - so any app cannot "dip" into another app to get a file to attach.

But - keep your fingers crossed. We are hearing that, in iOS 6 (due later this year), the Mail app might be able to do attachments. How detailed that will be is not known. But, we can hope! :)

Marilyn
  3. frenchman96

frenchman96 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Maryl

I don't understand your reply about no 1, I said the photo does NOT arrive sometime