What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Hand iPad Retains Previous Owner's iTunes Account

llcooljayce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is frustrating me to no end.

I bought a 32GB 3G iPad 2nd hand, jailbroke it and put on all my apps. Now when I go to update any apps, the App Store asks for the password for the previous owner's iTunes account.

I have logged in and out multiple times in under the Settings --> Store section, hard reset and soft reset multiple times, but every time I try to update the app, it goes back to the previous owner's login ... WTF??

I'm kinda stuck and think that an appointment at the Apple Store might solve my problem but I'm not sure whether or not they will help a guy with a jailbroken iPad ...

OP
L

llcooljayce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thing pissed me off so much that I just reset all settings and deleted all data ... I don't think the microSIM has anything to do with it ...

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
The reason you were getting these messages is because you can log in with multiple accounts and download apps from the apps store.

The previous owner had purchase some apps on the app store before giving it to you.

When there is an update to an app that the previous owner purchased it will tell you about the update and prompt you for the password for what ever was the original account to purchase the app.

Simply deleting the apps that were purchased by the previous owner would get rid of the problem of it asking you for their password to update those apps.

Or resetting the whole ipad like you did will remove the apps as well and get rid of the issue.

OP
L

llcooljayce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason you were getting these messages is because you can log in with multiple accounts and download apps from the apps store.

The previous owner had purchase some apps on the app store before giving it to you.

When there is an update to an app that the previous owner purchased it will tell you about the update and prompt you for the password for what ever was the original account to purchase the app.

Simply deleting the apps that were purchased by the previous owner would get rid of the problem of it asking you for their password to update those apps.

Or resetting the whole ipad like you did will remove the apps as well and get rid of the issue.

Thanks for the explanation. I ended up doing a complete restore cause the iPad was acting a little funny but this is great info to know. Thanks

Most reactions